Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are a soft and delectable treat with a slightly crunchy texture. Made with fresh strawberries, these easy oat bars are a delicious breakfast, snack or dessert to make this summer!
Simple Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
These oatmeal bars are so delicious and simple to make. This recipe is made with a simple set of ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. This recipe takes one hour to prepare and bake, then you can eat them right away or store them as a treat to have every day of the week.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: You will need two types of flour for this recipe, one being regular all-purpose flour, and the other being almond flour.
Cinnamon: Adding cinnamon to the recipe will give it more flavor.
Sugar: To add sweetness and improve the overall texture of the bars, I like to use regular sugar along with light brown sugar.
Strawberry Preserves: Using this will add the delicious strawberry flavor and give the bars a stick and tasty texture. I like to layer fresh strawberries in the bars as well.
How To Make Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment to line a 9×13-inch cake pan. Put the flour, almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon into a medium mixing bowl and combine well. In another bowl, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, and beat to combine using an electric mixer until fluffy.
Step 2. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and on medium speed, beat to combine. Follow up with the remaining flour mixture and combine until it forms a rough dough. Add in the oats and knead with hands until fully incorporated. Place only 2/3 of the dough into the prepared pan and press down. Top with a layer of the strawberry preserves, then with some sliced fresh strawberries, and top with the last portion of dough.
Step 3. Place the prepared pan into the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on top. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool until the bars reach room temperature. Slice into 16 individual bars and serve.
Is It Better To Use Fresh Or Frozen Berries In Strawberry Oatmeal Bars?
I always love using fresh ingredients to give the best flavor. Using fresh strawberries in this recipe isn’t required so you can use frozen ones. But, if I were to pick between the two, fresh is always best.
How To Store Strawberry Oatmeal Bars?
Place the bars into an airtight container for the best storage method. These bars can be stored at room temperature, but if you want them to last longer, I recommend storing them in the fridge or even the freezer.
More Bar Recipes:
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Cranberry Bars with Crumble Topping
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks unsalted, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 18 ounces jar strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9×13 cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour, almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together. Make sure it’s mixed well and set aside.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together in a separate large bowl with an electric hand mixer until it is fluffy.
- Pour about a third of the flour mixture into the sugar mixture, and beat on medium speed until it is well mixed. Add in the rest of the flour mixture and continue beating until you have a rough dough.
- Pour in the oats and knead them into the dough with your hands until they are evenly distributed.
- Take about two-thirds of the dough, and press it into the base of the 9×13 pan.
- Spread the strawberry preserves evenly over the dough, distribute the fresh strawberries pieces, and sprinkle the last third of the dough on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the crumbled dough on top is golden brown.
- Rest the pan on a cooling rack until the bars reach room temperature. Cut into 16 bars.
- Serve at room temperature.