Lemon Cranberry Muffins
Calling all Muffin Lovers! Muffins are crumbly, moist and sweet, and perfect for any time of day. You can enjoy muffins for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This Lemon Cranberry Muffins recipe may become the new addition to have with your morning coffee or have to a meal.
Lemon Cranberry Muffins
This Lemon Cranberry Muffin recipe is so good and is so simple to make. This recipe is filled with delicious flavorings such as lemon and cranberries and is the perfect combination. This is a must to share with your friends and family and you will have it made in just under 25 minutes. Be sure to save this one to your favorites!
- Flour- You can use All-purpose flour for the best result.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Baking powder- This will allow the ingredients to rise when cooked.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Lemon juice- This will be for the lemon flavoring in the muffins.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2% milk.
- Eggs- Be sure to use eggs at room temperature.
- Vegetable oil- You can use canola oil as a substitute.
- Lemon zest- You will need to zest the lemons before juicing them.
- Cranberries- You will need to have them halved.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting or icing.
How to Make Lemon Cranberry Muffins
Set your oven to 400 degrees.
Add the lemon juice and 2/3 cup of milk into a measuring cup. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the milk sour.
Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Add the milk mixture, oil, and eggs into a medium bowl and combine.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
Put in the lemon zest and beat until combined.
Use a spoon to fold in the cranberries to the batter.
Take out a muffin tin and line with liners.
Fill the liners with batter until 2/3 full.
Place in the oven and bake for 22 minutes or until a tester placed in the center comes out clean.
While baking, begin to make your icing. Combine the powdered sugar and milk and if the icing is too thick, add more milk. If too thin, add more sugar.
Add onto the top of your muffins.
Serve with coffee and enjoy!
Do I Need to Use Fresh Lemon?
It is always the best choice to use fresh ingredients. When making any recipe, using fresh ingredients will give the best results. For this Lemon Cranberry Muffin recipe, it is not required to use fresh lemon juice though.
Can I Make this a Loaf of Sweet Bread?
To make this recipe into a loaf of sweet bread you will have to find the directions to make a homemade loaf to incorporate the different ingredients. This Lemon Cranberry Muffin recipe is the best way to make it and the flavors fit well for muffins. However, you can always find a way to make it different, and sweet bread would also be wonderful.
More Cranberry Recipes
- Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Magic Bars
- White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Fudge
- Mini Cranberry Cheesecake Bites
Lemon Cranberry Muffins Recipes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup cranberries halved
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a measuring cup, combine lemon juice and 2/3 cup milk. Let this mixture sit
- for a couple minutes to allow the milk to sour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat milk mixture, oil, and eggs.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add lemon zest. Beat until just blended.
- With a spoon, fold cranberries into batter.
- Prepare a muffin tin with liners.
- Fill each liner 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Prepare icing by combing powdered sugar and milk.
- If icing is too thick, add more milk. If it is too thin, add a bit more powdered sugar
- Drizzle over baked muffins and enjoy!