This Christmas Peanut Butter M&M Balls recipe is exactly what you need for this holiday season. These truffle like balls are absolutely decadent and covered in chocolate. Serve these peanut butter balls at a holiday party or make a large batch to give as a gift.
Christmas Peanut Butter M&M Balls
This wonderful Christmas M&M Balls is filled with creamy peanut butter and rich chocolate candy. This recipe is super easy to make and you will have a quick and easy recipe in no time. There are very few ingredients that will make a flavor-packed treat that will just melt in your mouth.
- Peanut butter- You will need to use creamy peanut butter for this recipe.
- Butter- You will use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This will be added to the dough.
- Chocolate- You will be using almond bark.
- Coconut oil- This will be mixed into the chocolate to make the chocolate smoother and easier to dip the dough into.
- Holiday M&Ms- These will be added to the balls and used for garnish on top.
How to Make Christmas Peanut Butter M&M Balls
Add the butter into a large, microwave-safe, mixing bowl. Heat for 25 seconds or until softened. (you do not want it completely melted)
Add in the peanut butter into the bowl and stir until combined and smooth.
Gradually add in the sugar to form a soft dough. Use your hands to combine well.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a cookie scoop, 1 inch in size, scoop up the prepared dough and add to the baking sheet.
Stir in peanut butter until combined and smooth.
Use the scoop to make an indent into the center of the dough.
Add 4-6 M&M’s in the indent.
Close the dough around the M&M’s using your hands. Roll to form a smooth dough ball.
You will need to then place the balls into the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight for best results.
Once chilled, add the chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and combine. Heat for 30-seconds until fully melted and smooth.
Dip the prepared balls into the chocolate to coat using a plastic fork. Hover over the bowl to let the excess chocolate drip off and put back onto the sheet.
Use the rest of the almond bark and drizzle on top of the balls and add more mini M&M’s or crushed pieces on top for garnish.
Are These Energy Balls?
These are not energy balls. Energy balls consist of seeds, nuts, dried fruit, and other things for a quick healthy snack. These M&M’s Peanut butter balls are more of a dessert treat that is filled with peanut butter cookie dough.
Do These Have to Be Refrigerated?
This Peanut Butter Recipe can be placed at room temperature. However, you can place these in the fridge for a longer shelf life. You will need to place them in an airtight container.
More Truffle Recipes
- White Chocolate Orange Creamsicle Truffles
- Baileys Chocolate Balls With Nuts Truffles
- Peppermint Brownie Truffles
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Gingerbread Oreo Truffles
Christmas Peanut Butter M&M Balls
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 12-16 oz chocolate almond bark
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 Cup Holiday M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Mini Holiday M&Ms for Garnishing
- In a large, microwave-safe, mixing bowl, heat butter for 25 seconds or until softened (you do not want it completely melted).
- Stir in peanut butter until combined and smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until a soft dough forms (you may have to use your hands to incorporate well).
- Using a 1” cookie scoop, scoop dough and place it on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Use the back of the cookie scoop to create an indention in the middle of the dough and place 4-6 M&Ms in the center of each peanut butter dough ball.
- Use your hands to press the dough around the M&Ms and roll dough into a smooth ball.
- Refrigerate peanut butter balls for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Once your peanut butter balls are chilled, combine chocolate almond bark and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second increments until melted.
- Using a plastic fork, dip peanut butter balls into chocolate, let the excess drip off, and place back on the cookie sheet.
- Drizzle remaining almond bark over the cookie balls and garnish with mini M&Ms or crushed M&M pieces.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.