Pecan Pie Brownies are a yummy dessert mashup combining rich chocolate brownies and pecan pie. If you’re looking for a new way to serve your pecan pie this Thanksgiving, try this recipe out!
We love dessert mashups so much. Taking two of my favorite sweet treats and mashing them together is fun and so tasty. Recently we made a Pecan Pie Cheesecake and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies. Who says you have to choose which dessert to make? Make ’em both!
Pecan Pie Brownies
I’ve said it so many times, but I love taking a boxed brownie or cake mix and taking it to a new level. This recipe starts out with your very basic brownie and transforms it into an amazing dessert by simply adding a layer of pecan pie on top.
Pecan Pie Brownie Recipe
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Brownie Mix – triple chocolate fudge boxed brownies is used for this recipe, but you can use our delicious homemade brownie recipe.
- Corn Syrup
- Vanilla – this will give the filling a nice flavor.
- Pecans – either chop these up finely or roughly depending on your personal preference.
How To Pecan Pie Brownies
- Stir your brownie mix following the directions on the box. You can use any boxed mix you like.
- While they are cooking, you can start making the pecan pie layer by heating up the sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla and eggs. Once they have been stirred up, just let it sit for about 15 minutes while the brownies bake so the mixture will thicken. Make sure you keep stirring often so it doesn’t stick to your saucepan.
- Then just stir in the pecans, pour that mixture over your pre-cooked brownie mixture and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes.
Serve and Store:
You should serve these after they have completely cooled because you’ll want them to have time to set. Keep them stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
- Bake the brownies first, then add the pecan sauce on top – This will keep a nice layer the sauce won’t bake into the brownies. Having the separate layers is what makes these brownies extra special.
- Don’t over bake the brownies – You want the brownies soft and fudgy. You will be continuing the baking once the pecan topping is added.
- Toast the pecans – The pecans don’t actually get cooked, so toasting the pecans first will bring out a nice flavor to the pecans.
- Add sea salt – This creates an incredible balance of sweet and salty flavors.
Other Brownie Recipes You Will Love:
Pecan Pie Brownies
- 1 box Brownie mix for 9x13 pan
- Brownie Mix Ingredients listed on package
Pecan Pie Layer Ingredients
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans chopped
- Preheat oven according to brownie package instructions.
- Mix brownie batter according to package instructions.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring often.
- Pour brownie batter into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish and place in oven to bake for 15 minutes (half of the total bake time on your brownie package instructions).
- As the brownies bake the filling in the saucepan should have thicken enough to coat your spoon (about 15 minutes).
- Stir the chopped pecans into the mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes more. (It should be a pourable consistency but not liquid.)
- When the brownies are done with their pre-baking, pour the pecan mixture over the top and gently spread it around to all of the edges.
- Place the baking dish back in the oven to bake an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the pecan pie layer is mostly set but still a little jiggly.
- Cool completely before serving.