The Best Chocolate Chip Pie
Cookies are my ultimate weakness. This is one of the reasons why this Cookie Pie recipe is one of my all-time favorites. The filling is basically like eating cookie dough, but even better!
This is also called Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie and it is fantastic! It has the classic flavors of a chocolate chip cookie with a sweet, buttery batter with chocolate chips and pecans – but in pie form.
Ingredients you will need:
- Unbaked pie crust
- Brown sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pecans or walnuts
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare the unbaked pie shell by crimping the edges. This makes the pretty design associated with pies.
Beat together the butter and sugars together.
Add in the eggs and beat together for 2 minutes.
Add in the flour and mix it until it is combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
Add the batter to the pie crust.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Cool for 30 minutes.
This is best served warm with vanilla ice cream
Tips for the Best Chocolate Chip Pie
Can I Freeze This Pie?
You certainly can freeze this pie. Once the pie has cooled, simply slice it and take the ones you want to freeze and wrap each slice individually with plastic wrap. Then place the slices in a freezer bag. This will keep the pieces from getting freezer burn and also lets you take individual slices out of the freezer.
What Should I Top This Pie With?
This is the fun part. You can use anything you like when you are topping this pie but here are some of my favorites:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Ganache
- Peanut Butter Sauce
Do I Have to Add Nuts?
Nope. You do not have to add nuts to this pie. If you want to add a different type of nut you can do that or you can skip it altogether. It is completely up to your preferences and tastes.
Can I Use Milk Chocolate Chips Instead?
Milk chocolate chips are sweeter than the semi-sweet and this can give this rich pie an even richer taste. If you prefer milk chocolate chips or that is all you have, feel free to substitute them in this recipe.
OTHER PIE RECIPES:
The Best Chocolate Chip Pie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a pie plate with the unbaked pie crust, crimping the edges. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and beat for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the flour until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.