My Homemade Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer is super easy to make and incredibly delicious and creamy. Make this creamer using simple ingredients, so it’s a better alternative than store-bought. And the best part? You can save money and make it in advance.
Homemade Peppermint Mocha Creamer
The flavor profile of the DIY Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer is a delicious blend of sweet, creamy and peppermint notes that capture the essence of the Holidays. The rich, velvety cream is perfectly balanced with the punchy zing of peppermint and the robust, earthy undertones of mocha. It’s a perfect addition to your morning coffee, or hot chocolate, or even as a topping for your favorite desserts.
What You’ll Need
- Dairy: Since this is a creamer, it is dairy-based. You will need half and half and sweetened condensed milk. The sweetened condensed milk sweetens the creamer and thickens it.
- Peppermint Flavor: The creamer gets its flavor from the peppermint candies and peppermint extract.
- Mocha: Mocha is a combination of coffee and chocolate. The espresso powder and unsweetened cocoa powder bring in these flavors.
How to Make Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
The expresso, cocoa and peppermint cooking on the stove will make your home smell amazing!
- Combine: Combine all the ingredients together in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat and stir frequently until the candies are dissolved.
- Strain: Strain to remove the graininess.
- Store: Store in an airtight container in a mason jar in the refrigerator for 7 days.
Yes, you can use alternative milk like almond or oat milk for a dairy-free option. However, since these are thinner in texture than half and half, the creamer may not be as thick and creamy. For a dairy free sweetened condensed milk, you can use coconut milk and sugar in the homemade coffee creamer.
Ways To Use Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
Add a splash or two of the peppermint mocha creamer to your delicious cup of hot or iced coffee or hot chocolate for a festive and delicious twist.
You can also use it as a topping for your favorite desserts, like ice cream or brownies, for a peppermint mocha flavor boost. Experiment with different amounts to find your perfect balance of flavors.
Tips and Tricks
- For an extra indulgent treat, top your coffee with whipped cream and crushed candy canes before adding the peppermint mocha creamer.
- To make a lighter version of this creamer, you can use low-fat or fat-free half and half. However, keep in mind that it will not be as thick and creamy.
- You can also adjust the sweetness level by using more or less sweetened condensed milk in the recipe.
- To make a larger batch, simply double or triple the ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- If you don’t have half and half on hand, you can use a mixture of heavy cream and whole milk in equal parts as a substitute.
- Add a pinch of salt to balance out the sweetness and enhance the flavor of the peppermint mocha.
More Coffee Drinks
Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- In a small saucepan, add all the ingredients and whisk together.
- Heat over medium low heat and stir frequently until the peppermint candies have dissolved, about 10-15 minutes. Pass through a strainer to remove any leftover graininess.
- Cool and store in an airtight container such as mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Enjoy!