If you love margaritas, you have to try this Texas Margarita. With a sweet raspberry flavor, this cocktail has a base of margarita mix, this cocktail has a touch of heat from the jalapeno. This is one cocktail you have to try to believe.
Raspberry Texas Margarita
This Raspberry Texas Margarita has many of the same flavors of a raspberry margarita but it is even better with a kick of jalapeno. This cocktail is tart, with a hint of sweetness, with a touch of spiciness. When it comes to margaritas it doesn’t get any better than this Raspberry Texas Margarita.
- Cranberry juice- Cranberry gives this Raspberry Texas Margarita a tart flavor that goes perfectly.
- Margarita mix– Margarita mix can be bought at the grocery store or where you buy alcohol from.
- Tequila- You want to use a tequila that you like the flavor of. Some of the cheaper versions have a harsh taste.
- Raspberry liqueur- This gives the cocktail a raspberry flavor.
- Lime- Lime goes perfectly with every margarita recipe.
- Jalapeños- Adding jalapenos gives the cocktail a bit of spiciness.
- Salt- You will use the salt around the rim to give a hint of salt when you take a sip.
How to Make the Perfect Texas Margarita
Use the lime and rub along the rim of the glass. The press the rim into the salt.
Fill the glass with ice and then set it aside.
Add all of the ingredients, except the raspberry liqueur, to a cocktail shaker and shake well to combine.
Pour the drink into the glass and top it off with the raspberry liqueur.
Do You Need Triple Sec for a Margarita?
While many recipes call for triple sec when making a margarita, I am not using it in this Texas Margarita. I think that it really depends on what liquor you like whenever you making a drink. Or whatever you have on hand.
Can I Use Different Fruit Liquors?
The best part of this drink is that you can change it around to fit what you have on hand or what you like. You can use any flavor fruit liquors you like. Strawberry would be a fantastic choice.
More Cocktail Recipes
- Blue Suede Shoes Cocktail
- Easy Giggle Juice Cocktail
- Strawberry Pineapple Cocktail
- Jamaican 10 Speed Cocktail
- American Cocktail
- McGregor Irish Cream Cocktail
Raspberry Texas Margarita
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 2 1/2 oz margarita mix
- 2 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz raspberry liqueur
- 1/4 lime juice of (Fresh)
- Jalapeños sliced
- Salt for glass rim
- Prepare the glass by rubbing the edge with a lime and then dip into the salt.
- Fill with ice and set to the side.
- Add all ingredients together, except raspberry liquor. in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine.
- Pour into your glass.
- Top with raspberry liquor.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy this yummy drink!