If you’re interested in a new dessert to share with your friends and family, then this is the recipe for you. This 3-ingredient Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe will have your loved ones coming around for seconds. This recipe is great for any occasion and may just become a new favorite. The secret to making this cake so light and fluffy is by using cool whip!
Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe
This Cool Whip Cake is super delicious! This cake recipe comes out in a gorgeous red color. This cake is so fluffy and moist with a chocolate and vanilla combo flavor. It is super simple to make and may just make you fall in love. Be sure to keep this amazing recipe handy!
Even though Red Velvet desserts seem more prominent during Valentines, it’s really delicious to nosh on any time of the year! If Red Velvet is on your mind, I have a few recipes to share with you that I think you will enjoy to. Some of my family’s favorites are my Red Velvet Cake Roll, my Red Velvet Cheesecake, and my Red Velvet Hot Cocoa.
- Cake mix- You will be using the red velvet cake mix for this recipe.
- Cool Whip- This will give the cake recipe a fluffy texture.
- Egg- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade icing or frosting.
- Hershey’s Hugs- These will be placed on top of the finished cake pieces.
How to Make Easy Red Velvet Cake
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the cake mix, cool whip, and egg in a large mixing bowl and beat to combine.
Grease an 8 x 8″ pan and add the batter into it.
Add a dusting of powdered sugar on top.
Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes or place a tester in the middle and if it comes out clean it is done.
Let the cake sit for 5 minutes to cool and carefully press one Hershey kiss in the center.
Then, let it cool thoroughly before serving.
What Flavor Is Red Velvet?
Red Velvet is quite a unique flavor. Red Velvet can not be described as one specific flavor. This flavor is a blend of chocolate and vanilla flavor.
Does This Have to be Refrigerated?
In this Red Velvet Cake recipe, you will be using the cool whip as one of the main ingredients. This will be the reason it needs to be placed in the fridge. You can keep the cake out for a bit, but when your done enjoying it, it is recommended that you put it in a sealed container.
MORE RED VELVET RECIPES
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Red Velvet Muffins
- Red Velvet Peanut Blossoms
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Cookies
Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe
- red velvet cake mix
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 16 Hershey’s Hugs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix beat cake mix, Cool Whip, and egg.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar evenly over top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 5 minutes then gently push Hugs into it.
- Allow to cool completely and serve.