These Root Beer Float Jello Shots are a deep brown root beer flavors jello topped with whipped cream and a cherry on top
Simple Root Beer Jello Shots
These shots are so simple to make with only a handful of ingredients. They are quick to make and can be ready in minutes for any occasion. These taste exactly like the fan-favorite root beer float!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Root Beer: This will give a strong flavor and also help with the deep brown color of the jello.
Liquor: Use chilled whipped vodka which will be soaked up into the unflavored gelatin.
How To Make Root Beer Float Jello Shots
Step 1. Place the root beer and gelatin into a medium-sized saucepan and combine gently. Allow the jello to dissolve or ‘bloom’ for 5 minutes. Put on medium heat and allow it to boil before turning the heat to low and simmering for 3 minutes.
Step 2. Take away from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes before adding the vodka and 1 cup of the chilled rootbeer and mix. Pour into 10 plastic shot glasses before placing them into the fridge to chill for 3 hours. Serve and enjoy!
How To Store Root Beer Float Jello Shots?
If you are storing, I recommend containers with lids or using an airtight container. Place them in the fridge and only put the whipped cream and cherry on top when you are ready to serve.
Can I Make These Jello Shot With Different Soda Flavors?
Yes! You have free range to try this recipe with other soda flavors. Personally, darker sodas like Coke or Dr. Pepper work the best! But, I will say that root beer is my favorite!
More Jello Shot Recipes:
Root Beer Float Jello Shots
- In a medium-sized saucepan add the root beer and gelatin.
- Lightly stir to combine.Let sit for 5 minutes to bloom.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set it to the side for 10 minutes.
- Add chilled vodka and 1 cup chilled root beer to the saucepan.
- Stir to combine.
- Fill 10 plastic shot glasses with the mixture.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.