Tropical flavored cocktails are my most favorite when I’m reaching for a boozy drink in the summer. Here is a jello shot version of one of the best: the Blue Hawaiian. Everyone that tries the Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots love them for their coconut, berry and pineapple flavors.
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
The flavors of a traditional Blue Hawaiian are pineapple and coconut, which are perfectly incorporated into this jello shot version. I love serving these and our other amazing shot recipes at summer BBQ’s and holiday weekends when friends come over to hang on the patio. They’re tasty and refreshing!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Berry Blue Jell-O – the foundation of every great jello shot is the jello flavor.
- Pineapple Juice – chilled
- Coconut Rum – any brand here will work, we used Malibu.
- Blue Curacao – a citrus Caribbean liqueur that works great in tropical drinks.
- Vodka – chilled.
- Small condiment cups
These are optional, since all the flavors you need to make this amazing are already inside the shot itself, but these toppings make them extra fun.
- Whipped Cream
- Toasted Coconut
- Maraschino Cherries
How To Make Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
- Boil water, remove it from the heat and pour over the powdered Jello in a mixing bowl. Stir it until it’s totally dissolved.
- Add in the juice and liquors and stir again.
- Pour the jello shot mixture into the condiment cups. Quick tip: you can put the cups in a muffin tin so they can’t move around as much and definitely won’t tip.
- Chill the jello for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish the shots immediately before serving them (but not any earlier since the whipped cream will begin to melt and the lid can’t go back on top).
This will make 12, 2 ounce shots. If you need more just double the recipe.
How Long Do Jello Shots Last?
On average, a jello shot can last in the fridge for 3-5 days. If you want to enjoy them at their very best though, I suggest having them within the first two days.
More Recipes To Try
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
- 1-3 oz box of Berry Blue Jello
- 1 C boiling water
- ½ C Pineapple Juice chilled
- ½ C Coconut Rum
- ½ C Blue Curacao liqueur
- ¼ C Vodka chilled
- Whipped cream
- Toasted coconut
- 12 Maraschino Cherries
- 12 small Pineapple wedges
- 12-2 oz Jello Shot cups
- Add jello in a bowl and stir in boiling water until jello has dissolved. Whisk in pineapple juice, coconut rum, Blue Curacao,and vodka until blended. Fill the shot cups almost to the rim.
- Transfer the filled shot cups to the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set. Keep the filled shot cups in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Top the jello shot with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top of the dollop of whipped cream. Add a Maraschino cherry and a Pineapple wedge.