Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the best tasting cookie you will ever make. These cookies are salty and sweet with sweet chocolate in a delicious soft cookie. The combination is a decadent amazing cookie.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies
There is something about salt and caramel. When that comes together with chocolate in a soft and chewy cookie, it becomes something special. These cookies are going to become a special treat.
- Flour- You want to use all purpose flour for these cookies
- Baking soda- Baking soda gives these cookies the slight rise you expect.
- Unsalted butter- Always use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar adds additional flavor as well as helps to keep the cookies soft and chewy.
- Sugar- Cookies need sugar.
- Pure vanilla extract- Always use pure vanilla for the best flavor.
- Egg- The egg does not need to be at room temperature for these cookies.
- Dark chocolate chunks- I like the chunks for these cookies but chips can be used.
- Caramel baking pieces- Caramel chips can be found in the same area as the chocolate chips.
- Sea salt- This is for the topping. If gives that salty and sweet that makes these cookies amazing.
How to Make Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Combine the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set it aside.
Combine the butter and sugars together until it is creamy.
Beat in vanilla and the egg.
Slowly add the flour mixture until the dough starts to come together.
Fold in of the chocolate chunks and the caramel chips.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
In a small bowl whisk the flour and baking soda until combined.
Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy.
Beat the vanilla and the egg till combined
Gradually add the flour with the mixer on low and mix just until the dough comes together
Fold in chocolate chunks and caramel baking pieces
Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Sprinkle the top with sea salt and then allow the cookies to cool.
What’s the Best Chocolate for Cookies?
I like to use chocolate chunks for these cookies. You can use chocolate chips too. I like dark chocolate but it can also be made with milk chocolate or semi sweet.
How do I Make Sure My Cookies are Soft?
When you are making cookies, the best way to make sure the cookies are soft is to not overbake them. If the cookies are over baked, they will get hard. Also, make sure the cookies are stored in an airtight container so that they do not get stale.
More Cookie Recipes
- Easy Banana Pudding Cookie Cups
- Creamsicle Orange Cake Mix Cookies
- Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Watergate Cookies (6-ingredients)
- Best Ever Rocky Mountain Cookies
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 C unsalted butter
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 C dark chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 C caramel baking pieces
- flaked Sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl whisk the flour and baking soda until combined.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Beat the vanilla and the egg till combined
- Gradually add the flour with the mixer on low and mix just until the dough comes together
- Fold in 1 1/2 C chocolate chunks and 1 C caramel baking pieces
- Place the dough and the mixing bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or till lightly brown
- Sprinkle some sea salt onto the top of the cookies
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet and baking the rest of the dough
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies”
These cookies are ABSOLUTELY amazing. I didn’t have caramel chips so I used butterscotch chips. It just gives me the excuse to try this recipe again!!! These cookies are a must!!!