This delicious Dr Pepper Ham recipe will be the talk of your family! This recipe has a tasty and savory glaze with the sweet flavor of Ham. Made in the slow cooker to perfection and a great addition to your lunch or dinner.
Dr Pepper Glazed Ham
This Dr Pepper Ham is so good! This recipe only uses a handful of ingredients like pineapple, brown sugar, honey, and Dr Pepper to make the glaze. This ham recipe is super simple and easy to make with just a few quick steps to make the glaze, then the slow cooker does the cooking for you. You will also love our Orange Glazed Ham, and Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham also made in the crock pot.
After you make this recipe and enjoy it, you can use any leftover Ham to make other recipes. You can use the Ham in recipes like these Pineapple Ham Pinwheels or Ham and Cheese Sliders Appetizer.
- Ham- You will need about 4-6 pounds of spiral sliced boneless ham.
- Pineapple- You will use crushed pineapple for this recipe with the juice.
- Brown Sugar- This will add a richness to your recipe.
- Honey- This will be used as a natural sweetener for the Glaze.
- Dr. Pepper- This will be added into the glaze for flavoring.
How to Make Dr Pepper Ham
Add the pineapple, brown sugar, honey, and Dr. Pepper into a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat.
Cook until the mixture begins to bubble, then turn the heat down to medium low.
Turn the heat down until the mixture becomes thick and glazy, this will take about 10-15 minutes.
Place in your slow cooker and cover with lid and cook for 4 hours on low.
Slowly take out the Ham from the Slow Cooker and place on a sheet pan lined with foil.
Add the finished glaze over top of the cooked Ham.
Set the sheet pan under the broiler in your stove and cook for another 5-7 minutes, watch your ham closely to make sure it doesn’t burn.
The sugar glaze will become a caramelized brown color when ready.
Serve and Enjoy!
Is it necessary to glaze ham?
This recipe is specifically a glazed recipe. It is not necessary to glaze the Ham if you do not want the glaze, but it is very good and I’m sure you will love it. All of the flavors come from the glaze and adds a delicious caramelized layer to the Ham.
Can I Make This in the Oven
Cooking the Ham in the slow cooker is what makes the Ham tender and juicy. You can cook in the oven, but slow cooker will always be the better option in my opinion. Then, the ham will be placed in the broiler to cooker the glaze.
More Ham Recipes:
Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Ham
- 4-6 pound boneless spiral sliced ham
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine the pineapple, brown sugar, honey and Dr. Pepper.
- Bring to a bubble and reduce heat to medium low.
- Reduce mixture until it is thickened and glazy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place your ham into the slow cooker and coat it with half of the glaze mixture..
- Cover and cook in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
- Carefully remove the ham from the slow cooker onto a foil lined sheet pan.
- Pour over the rest of the glaze.
- Put under the broiler in your stove for about 5-7 minutes, watching closely.
- You want the sugar to caramelize, not burn.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.