These Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two are perfectly soft, chewy and delicious! This easy small batch cookie recipe makes 2 extra large cookies or 4 medium cookies.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
I love chocolate chip cookies. I make them often. My favorites are Chocolate Chip Cookies (Best Ever) and Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Sometimes, I don’t want a large batch of cookies and just enough to satisfy my cookie craving. That is why this small-batch cookies are perfect!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter- use unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Sugars- you will need granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Egg- one egg yolk at room temperature.
- Vanilla- use the pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Flour- all-purpose.
- Cornstarch- this will help with the texture of the cookie.
- Baking Soda- this allows the cookies to rise.
- Salt- just a pinch. Feel free to add sea salt on top on the baked cookies.
- Chocolate Chips– we like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies For Two
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugars and wet ingredients.
- In another small bowl, combine the dry ingredients and then mix all the ingredients together.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Separate the dough into two round balls and place them on the prepared baking tray. Add more chocolate chips on top of the dough.
- Place the cookies into the oven for 12 to 14 minutes until a light brown. Remove and allow to cool.
Can I Freeze These Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these chocolate chip cookies. You will want to place the cookies into an airtight container and then place in the freezer. You can use parchment paper to keep the cookies from sticking together, depending on how many you decide to make.
How To Keep Chocolate Chip Cookies From Turning Out Flat:
There are specific reasons why your chocolate chip cookies, may come out flat. They could come up flat because of certain ingredients that you’re using. You will want to make sure to add the correct amount of each ingredient and follow the directions accordingly. One of the best ways to keep your dough from going flat is by chilling the dough before you bake it. Also if the butter is the wrong consistency it can make the cookies flat.
Tips For The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies For Two
Variations: Feel free to change out the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips, milk chocolate, white chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, dark chocolate chips, etc… Adding nuts is another great option like chopped walnuts, pecans or macadamia nuts.
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla to a medium bowl, and use a fork or whisk to stir until smooth.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and stir until well-combined.
- Stir in 5 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal balls and place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake until the cookies are lightly golden, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking tray.