Whether you are loving the Hot Chocolate Bombs craze or just love unicorns, you have to make these Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs. So simple to make, these hot chocolate bombs take enjoying a cup of hot chocolate to a whole new level.
Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
These Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs are so adorable and easy to make. You can make this recipe in no time and have a cute little cocoa bomb to add and watch as the contents inside flood into your mug. You will use edible glitter to create a shimmery look to your cocoa bombs along with sprinkles and marshmallows for a great taste. These unicorn hot chocolate bombs, as well as Unicorn Cheesecake Bars and Colorful Unicorn Cupcakes would be perfect for a unicorn party.
- White Chocolate Bark– You will need white almond bark for this recipe.
- Pink & Teal Candy Melts- You will need the candy melts in the colors Pink and Teal.
- Hot chocolate mix– This will be added in with the other contents in the cocoa bombs.
- Unicorn Candy Toppers– These will be used for decoration.
- Unicorn Sprinkles- You can get assorted unicorn sprinkles from the store.
- Lucky Charm Marshmallows– You will need the Lucky Charm marshmallows for this recipe.
- Edible Glitter– You will need to make sure to get edible glitter or luster dust.
- Hot Chocolate Bomb Mold– These are great to have, we use ours all the time!
How to Make Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
Add the white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second intervals until all is melted.
Add some melted chocolate into the molds using a spoon.
Evenly coat the inside of the molds with the melted chocolate.
Put the molds into the fridge for about 10-15 minutes to harden.
Apply a second coat of chocolate into the molds and place it back into the fridge for another 10-15 minutes.
Gently begin removing the chocolate from the molds by carefully peeling the sides off.
Place a small glass plate into the microwave and heat for 30-45 seconds and place it aside.
Place the chocolate shell onto the hot plate to smooth the edges, you will do this for only half of the shells.
Add a tablespoon of the hot chocolate mix, assorted unicorn sprinkles, a pinch of edible glitter, and a few marshmallows into half of the shells.
Melt to smooth the edges of the other half of the chocolate shells and quickly place them on top of the filled shells.
Use one of your fingers to wipe the edges to smooth out the chocolate.
Place your pink and teal candy melts into 2 separate microwave-safe bowls and one at a time, melt in the microwave in 30-second increments until they are completely melted.
Add some of the pink and teal chocolate over each cocoa bomb and quickly add your unicorn candies and sprinkles.
If you want, I love adding some melted chocolate around the edge of my mug, then adding some more sprinkles for more decoration.
Pour some hot milk over top of 1 or 2 cocoa bombs in your favorite mug.
Watch as the contents on the inside spill out and fill your cup with magic, enjoy!
How Hot Does Milk Need to Be to Melt Cocoa Bombs?
Milk does not boil so it normally is hard to tell how hot it is. You will want to heat it until it begins to steam. About 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave should work. The chocolate needs very hot milk otherwise it will not melt and pop open.
What Can I Put Inside Unicorn Cocoa Bombs?
This recipe is the perfect representation of what to add and put into your cocoa bombs. You can add as much or as little as you like. You can go ad far as to add sprinkles, edible glitter, marshmallows, and more. There is no limit to what you like, and be creative, but if I were to pick for you, this recipe is a great start.
More Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Andes Mint Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs
Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Melt your white chocolate by using a double boiler or microwaving in a medium microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until all melted.
- Use a spoon to place a bit of the melted chocolate into each mold.
- Smooth the chocolate up and around the edges.
- Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Spoon a little more chocolate into the hardened chocolate in the mold and spread it around for a second coat.
- Chill for another 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the chocolate shells from the molds.
- Microwave a small glass plate for 30-45 seconds. Set aside.
- Take a shell and place it on the warm plate to smooth the edges. Do this for half of the shells.
- Fill half of the shells with 1 tablespoon of hot chocolate mix, assorted unicorn sprinkles, a pinch of edible glitter, and a few marshmallows.
- With the remaining half of the shells take each one and place it on the plate to lightly melt the edges.
- Immediately place the top shell on the filled shell.
- Use your finger to smooth the seam
- Place your pink candy melts in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals stirring in between until melted.
- Repeat with the teal candy melts.
- Drizzle the pink and teal chocolate over each bomb and immediately decorate with the unicorn candies and sprinkles.
- I love using the extra chocolate and sprinkles to decorate the lips of the mugs.
- Serve in a mug, pouring hot milk over the bomb and stirring until completely melted.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Silicone Half Sphere molds