Cocoa Bombs are the perfect way to enjoy a flavorful cup of Hot Chocolate. You have a cute little cocoa bomb design that you can place in your cup and watch as it melts away to reveal a surprise inside. These St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs are a great way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in a warm cup of cocoa.
St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs
These St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs are fairly easy to make. The Cocoa Bombs will fill your cup in an instant with delicious cocoa flavor and pop out mini marshmallows. This Hot Cocoa recipe can be all made and ready to enjoy in just 20 minutes. Whether you want the perfect hot cocoa bomb for St. Patrick’s Day or are looking for others like, Andes Mint Hot Chocolate Bombs, Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs or a Mexican Hot Chocolate Bombs (with Tequila), you have to try this craze.
- Candy Melts- These will need to be in the color green.
- Hot Cocoa Powder- You will need the kind with the mini marshmallows inside to put into the bombs.
- Almond Bark- This will be used to create the outer shell of your cocoa bombs.
- Marshmallow’s- You will also be needing the Lucky Charms Marshmallows.
- Silicone Mold – We use these all the time – great to have!
How to make Instant Pot Hot Cocoa Bombs
Place the IP on ‘SAUTE’. Pour in 1 1/2 cup of water inside and find a glass bowl to fit in the inside of your IP, then place it inside. This is going to act like a double broiler.
Place the candy melts inside the bowl. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
Use a baking spray to coat a thin layer of grease on the silicone molds. Place the melted chocolate inside the grease molds and move it around to completely coat the inside of the mold. Put the molds into the freezer for approximately 5 minutes to chill and harden.
Take the molds out of the freezer and then, place a 1/2 tablespoon of cocoa powder and mini marshmallows inside each one.
Pour some more melted chocolate over the top of the powder and marshmallows to lock everything in place. Place back into the freezer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Begin popping out the cocoa bombs by peeling the sides of the molds and pushing upwards.
Then, place your almond bark with 2 oz of the candy melts in a separate medium-sized bowl and melt in the IP as a double broiler.
Using a spoon, drizzle some of the melted chocolate over the top of the finished cocoa bombs. Quickly add the Lucky Charm’s Marshmallows before the chocolate becomes hard.
Grab your favorite mug and place one or two of the finished cocoa bombs inside, then pour over some hot milk and watch as the cocoa bombs release the tasty insides.
Mix with a spoon and enjoy!
What Can I Put Inside Cocoa Bombs?
For Beginners who have never had a cocoa bomb, I recommend using just cocoa powder and mini marshmallows. You don’t want to overpower your hot cocoa if you have never had it before. Now if you have tried this type of recipe before, you can add other things you would like, you can add mini chocolate chips or mini caramel pieces for more flavor. For more St. Patrick’s Day fun, you can also add lucky charm style marshmallows too.
How Can I Decorate These St Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs?
Decorating the cocoa bombs is one of my favorite parts of making this recipe. You can truly decorate these whatever way you see fit and can even change the colors and theme to fit any holiday of your choosing. You can add sprinkles, more chocolate, add different colors of melting chocolate, and overall just have fun with it.
More Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa
- Rum Chata Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Conversation Heart Cocoa Bombs
St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs
- 24 oz green candy melts 2 oz reserves
- 7 TBSP hot cocoa powder w/ miniature marshmallows
- 2 blocks 4 oz Almond Bark
- 42 Lucky Charms Marshmallows
- Turn your instant pot onto sauté mode. Place one and a half cups of water inside your instant pot. Place a glass bowl that will fit in your instant pot as it will act as a double broiler.
- Add your candy melts to the bowl. Continue to mix until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Lightly grease the inside of your silicone molds. Add chocolate to your molds making sure that chocolate is completely coating the mold on the inside. Place in the freezer for about five minutes.
- Remove your molds from the freezer. Add half a tablespoon of cocoa powder and mini marshmallows per mold.
- Add more of your melted chocolate on top of the marshmallows to close the mold and lock the cocoa and marshmallows from coming out. Return to the freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove your cocoa bombs by pushing on the silicone side of the mold until the bomb pops out.
- In another medium-sized bowl, melt your almond bark chocolate and 2 oz candy melts in the Instant Pot as a double broiler.
- With a spoon, drizzle your melted almond bark mixture over the bombs. Immediately add you're Lucky Charm marshmallows before the chocolate hardens.
- Please one or two bombs in your favorite mug and pour hot milk over it to melt the chocolate releasing the hot cocoa and marshmallows.
- Stir with a spoon and enjoy!