This Delicious Blueberry Crumble Cake will be the best dessert you will ever bite into. Tender coffee cake with blueberry coffee a crunchy cinnamon streusel that is the perfect addition to your cup of coffee. Serve with breakfast, brunch, or as the best finishing touch after dinner.
Blueberry Crumble Cake
This Blueberry Crumble Cake has one of the best textures. This cake is so good that it will be having you come back to make this recipe every time. With a sweet flavor mixed with a bit of cinnamon, it’s a great treat to enjoy at brunch or a pot lunch with Mini Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bites or Raspberry Crumble Cake Recipe. You will fall in love with this recipe!
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness and moisture to your recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Ground Cinnamon- This will be added to the batter for additional flavoring.
- Baking Powder- This will allow your ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will help bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Eggs- Be sure to use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Sour Cream- This will cut the richness of the recipe in half.
- Buttermilk- You can substitute this ingredient with milk mixed with a little vinegar.
- Blueberries- You will want to make sure the blueberries are fresh.
How to Make a Blueberry Crumble Cake
Add the flour, brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon to a large bowl.
Add in the butter and use a fork or your fingers to combine into a crumbly texture.
Set the oven to 350 degrees. Use pam baking spray to grease a 9×13 inch pan.
Add flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Add butter and sugar into a large bowl and beat to combine until creamy.
One at a time, add in your eggs, and vanilla and combine.
Add in the sour cream and beat to combine.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients and buttermilk making sure to alternate between the two until combined.
Add in 2 1/2 c of blueberries into the batter and fold in gently to combine.
Add the batter to the prepared pan and top with a layer of the prepared crumble.
Sprinkle some raspberries on top of the crumble layer.
Put the pan into your preheated oven and leave it in for 50-60 minutes or place a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean, it’s done.
Take the cake out and place it on a countertop and let it sit and cool thoroughly.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries?
You can use frozen blueberries for this recipe. However, using fresh fruit for a recipe like this is always the best way to go. Using fresh ingredients always enhances the flavors.
Does This Need a Glaze?
This recipe does not need a glaze for it. The delicious crumble topping adds great texture and more flavor to this recipe.
Other Blueberry Recipes:
- Blueberry Muffin Cheesecake Pie
- Blueberry Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping
- Angel Blueberry Biscuits Recipe
- Blueberry Orange Bread Recipe
Blueberry Crumble Cake
Crumble topping ingredients
- ½ C unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes
- 1 C flour
- ⅓ C light brown sugar packed
- ⅓ C sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Blueberry crumble cake ingredients
- 3 C flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 C buttermilk
- 4 C fresh blueberries
- Using a large bowl, combined the four, brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon
- Using a fork or your fingers, work in the butter to create a crumbly mixture
- Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and combined
- Beat in the eggs, and vanilla until combined
- Beat in the sour cream until combined
- Alternating between the dry ingredients and the buttermilk, gradually beat in the two ingredients until combined
- Fold in 2 1/2 C of the blueberries into the batter
- Scoop the batter into the pan
- Top the batter with an even layer of the crumble
- Sprinkle remaining raspberries on top of the crumble
- Place into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Place the cake onto the counter and allow it to cool completely
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.