These Strawberry French Toast Roll-Ups have a cheesecake filling and strawberries rolled up in cinnamon sugar bread. Incredibly delicious breakfast recipe and so Easy to make!
If you love french toast recipes, you will also love his Cinnamon French Toast Casserole.
Strawberry French Toast Roll Ups
My latest favorite are these handheld French toast roll ups, which are a fun way to serve French toast to kids. We give you different cooking methods and variations on fillings. This french toast recipe will become a new favorite and you will be surprised at how easy these are to make!
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Sandwich Bread – I used white bread because it’s soft and easy to roll. You can use any type of bread that you like, but keep in mind that it needs to roll without cracking.
- Fresh Strawberries – make sure to dice them small to make these not only easier to roll but easier to eat.
- Granulated Sugar – you will split this up between the diced strawberries and coating.
- Cream Cheese – letting your cream cheese come to room temperature will make it a lot easier to work with.
- Eggs – use large eggs for this recipe.
- Milk – this helps thin out the egg mixture so it spreads easier over the rolls. You can use almond milk or other alternatives as well.
- Powder Sugar – you will use this combined with the cream cheese to give this the “cheesecake” filling.
- Cinnamon – this is the spice that really makes French toast special! If you don’t like cinnamon, you can leave it out.
How To Make French Toast Roll-Ups
Working assembly line-style is the easiest way to make these roll-ups.
- Prepare the bread – Slice the crusts off a stack of soft white sandwich bread. Look for bread that has a uniform shape.
- Flatten – Use a rolling pin to flatten each piece of bread.
- Fill and roll the bread – Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each slice of bread. Arrange the diced strawberries onto one side of each slice, then roll into logs. Depending on the size of the berries, you’ll use about 1 strawberry per slice of bread.
- Dip the bread – Dip each roll-up into the egg mixture.
- Cook the roll-ups – Cook the roll-ups in a frying pan coated in cooking spray or melted butter. I prefer to use a cast iron skillet, because it gives the roll-ups a rich, golden-brown crust.
- Serving – Once cooked, toss in extra cinnamon sugar to add sparkle and crunch. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or leave it as it is. We love dipping these into warm maple syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow all the steps per pan fried directions.
- Then, place each roll-up in a baking dish. Do this for all eight pieces of bread. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove roll-ups from oven, allow to cool slightly, and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Variations for Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups
- Switch out the strawberries for blueberries, raspberries or peaches. You can even use jams.
- Fresh diced apples would be great with this too, just add a little cinnamon to them.
- Nutella would also be amazing!
Storing and Freezing
These are best eaten fresh, but you can store these french toast roll ups in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last 3-4 days.
Freeze – you can also store them in the freezer up up to 3 months. Freeze them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper then covered with plastic first for 1 hour, then transfer them to a freezer bag.
Reheat – you can reheat them either in the microwave at 30 second intervals until they’re at your desired temperature or you can bake them at 325F for 10-15 minutes if thawed or 20-30 minutes if frozen.
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
Cherry Danish with Cream Cheese
Strawberry French Toast Roll Ups
- 10 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries diced small
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine diced strawberries and with 1 tsp sugar. Toss to coat.
- In another bowl, mix softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar and stir until combined.
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin and trim off the crusts. Spread a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture along one edge of the bread. Top with a spoonful of strawberries. Gently roll up the bread. Continue with the remaining bread
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Preheat your nonstick pan over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray or add a small amount of butter. Dip the rolls in the egg mixture and place seam side down on the pan. When browned, turn and continue until all sides are cooked.
- Remove and serve with syrup, extra strawberries, or dust with powdered sugar.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
6 comments on “Strawberry French Toast Roll Ups”
Can’t wait to make these!
Would this recipe work in an air fryer?
This sounds delicious. I think this would make a good dessert to serve with tea at one of my tea parties. Thanks for sharing
I had to subscribe, your recipes are wonderful, i was saving to pinterest, but there are so many i want to try, i think subscribing must be easier, thank you and bless you and your family
Everything is great
Why does the picture of the food print out with the recipe? It shows a small one next the the recipe ♀️