Rainbow Sherbet Cheesecake (No-Bake)
Rainbow Sherbet Cheesecake is a no-bake dessert with a yummy graham cracker crust and tastes just like rainbow sherbet!
If you are as in love with cheesecakes as I am, you are in luck. We have so many great cheesecake recipes to try here!
Rainbow Sherbet Cheesecake
Are you one of those people like me, that calls it Sherbert? I learned a long time ago I had been saying it incorrectly but once you’ve been using a word for roughly two decades, it’s hard to stop!
I do love the sherbet flavor so whether I’m saying it right or wrong, I’m totally digging this dessert.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Jello. In flavors cherry, lime and orange.
- Cream Cheese. Make sure to let this soften to room temperature before blending.
- Heavy Cream.
- Graham Crackers. You can also now find the crumbs already box for you in the baking aisle.
How to Make Sherbet Cheesecake
- Make Crust. Mix crumbs, sugar and butter. Press the crust into the bottom of a springform pan lined with parchment paper.
- Make Cream. Whip heavy cream and sugar together until stiff peaks form. Place the bowl in the fridge.
- Make Jello. Place each of the Jello flavors in small bowls and add boiling water to each. Let the Jello begin to cool.
- Make Cheesecake. Separate the whipped cream into three bowls and add each Jello flavor to a different bowl to make three flavors.
- Layer. On top of the crust, layer the green cheesecake mixture and refrigerate until set. It usually takes about 45 minutes. Continue the same steps with the other two colors.
- Enjoy. Once all layers are set, remove the cake from the pan, slice and enjoy.
Keep this dessert refrigerated for 3-5 days. The colors will start to run together after a few days but don’t worry, it’s still delicious!
You can add some dollops of icing around the edges and even add some rainbow sprinkles for decoration. I think this will make a really fun summer birthday dessert.
More Dessert Recipes
Rainbow Sherbet Cake
- COOKS TOOLS NEEDED:
- 7 inch spring-form pan
- Parchment paper
- 3 large Ramekins
- Stand Mixer
- 2 sleeves of graham crackers - crushed into fine crumbs
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of sugar
- 1 stick of butter - melted
- 4 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup of heavy cream - to whip
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of JELLO - Lime
- 1 Tablespoon of JELLO - Cherry
- 1 Tablespoon of JELLO - Orange
- Lime - JELLO
- Cherry - JELLO
- Orange - JELLO
- Blend the graham crackers into crumbs, and place crumbs in a dish.
- Add the heaping Tablespoon of sugar to the crumbs, and stir.
- Melt the butter and pour into crumbs. Mix well, blending butter into crumbs, until crumbs are coated in butter.
- Line the bottom of the Spring-form pan with Parchment paper and press the crumb mixture evenly into the pan. Place pan in the freezer.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the heavy cream, and 1 Tablespoon of sugar, and mix on medium speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- Turn the mixer on high, and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Put the whipped cream in a bowl, and place the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Place the softened cream cheese in the mixing bowl, and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the sugar, and continue to mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl, and blending until well mixed.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator, and add all the whipped cream to the cream cheese.
- Blend until completely mixed, and smooth.
- Place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator.
- Boil 1 cup of water, and while the water boils, place 1 Tablespoon each, of the Lime, Cherry, and Orange JELLO in separate large Ramekins.
- When the water boils, pour 1/3 of the water into each of the Ramekins, and stir the JELLO until dissolved. (Use separate spoons to stir the JELLO, so the colors and flavors are not blended together).
- Allow the JELLO to cool to room temperature.
- When the JELLO is cool, but not yet congealed, remove the cheesecake filling from the refrigerator, and divide it into three separate bowls.
- In one bowl, pour the Lime JELLO into the cheesecake filling, and stir well to blend.
- Add more of the powdered JELLO to the cheesecake filling to make the green/Lime color desired.
- Continue to stir the filling until the JELLO is dissolved into the filling.
- Continue the same steps with the Cherry and Orange JELLO - pouring the liquid JELLO into the filling and adding more powdered JELLO to make the color as needed, for the layers.
- When desired colors have been mixed, remove the Spring-form pan from the freezer, and starting with the green/Lime layer, pour the Lime filling in the Spring-form pan, on top of the graham cracker crust, and place the pan back in the freezer, for about 45 minutes, or until the filling is completely set.
- Place the cherry filling and Orange filling in the refrigerator.
- When the Green/Lime layer is set, remove the Spring-form pan from the freezer, and add the Cherry filling, to the pan, and place the pan back in the freezer, until the Pink/Cherry layer is set.
- When the Pink/Cherry layer is set, remove the pan from the freezer, and add the top, Orange layer to the pan.
- Place the pan back in the freezer, and leave in the freezer for at least four hours, or overnight for best results.
- When you're ready to serve the cheesecake, remove the pan from the freezer, and remove the Spring-form from the outside of the pan.
- Remove the bottom layer of the pan, and peel the Parchment paper from the bottom of the cheesecake, and place the cheesecake on a large dessert plate.
- Cut in 2 - 3 inch pieces. Serve and Enjoy!