This Take 5 Cake is a deliciously layered chocolate cake with peanut butter filling, chopped candy bars, caramel, and chocolate. It is loaded and ready to cure your sweet tooth!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake with Caramel
This dessert is quite a sweet treat! It is a plethora of salty pretzel, rich caramel, and mouth-watering peanut butter flavors. Every bite is met with a moist cake, delectable chocolate, crunchy pretzels, and salty caramel. This recipe is a game-changer and will have everyone raging and wanting the recipe.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cake: I like to use Devils Food Cake Mix, but you can use your favorite chocolate cake recipe. You will add instant coffee granules into the mix for more flavor.
- Candy: I like to chop the Take 5 bar into smaller pieces or roughly chop. These can be added on top along with the mini pretzels.
- Peanut Butter Filling: You will need a combination of unsalted butter, creamy peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and cream or milk.
- Caramel Filling: You will need caramels, butter, and milk.
- Ganache: You will need a bag of milk chocolate chips and heavy cream for a smooth consistency
How To Make Take 5 Cake
- Prepare the cake. Follow the instructions on the cake box to prepare the cake, adding eggs and vegetable oil. Add 1 tsp of the instant coffee into the batter and back in the oven accordingly for a 2-layer cake. Allow it to cool thoroughly.
- Make the peanut butter frosting. Add the butter and peanut butter into an electric mixer and combine until smooth. Put in the vanilla and combine. One cup at a time, add in the powdered sugar until blended and smooth. A few Tbsp at a time, add in the cream and combine until stiff, but smooth. Portion the filling in half and spread evenly onto each cooled cake layer (only to the edges). Cut up the candy bars and sprinkle on top of each layer of filling.
- Mix the caramel filling. Unwrap the candies and place them in a small pan with butter and milk over low heat and combine until smooth. Drizzle the mixture on top of the peanut butter filling and chopped candy bars.
- Melt the ganache. Add the cream to a pot and bring to a boil. Take away from the heat and pour overtop the chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Combine the ingredients until smooth and melted. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to thicken up before drizzling on top of the filling. Do the same with the other layer and top with broken pretzels. Serve and enjoy!
What Toppings Taste Best on Take 5 Cake?
This recipe is already packed with so many different kinds of flavors and toppings that you don’t even need to add anything. However, if you want to decorate it even more or just need more variety, then you can use some of the options that go well with the salty goodness. :
Tips & Tricks
- Use parchment paper in the pans for the easiest removal.
- Place leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- Feel free to use any style baking pan that you want, but cooking times will change.
- You can chill the cake for a bit, so it is easier to cut.
- Variation: Use your favorite candy bar instead of Take 5.
More Cake Recipes
- Triple Chocolate Cake
- Best Chocolate Cake Recipe (Rich and Moist)
- New York Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Guinness Chocolate Cake
Take 5 Cake
- Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon instant Coffee Granules
- 7 Take 5 Candy Bars snack sizes
- Pretzels mini, broken
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 13 ounce pkg Caramels
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Milk
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 12 ounce milk chocolate chips
- 6 ounce heavy cream
- Prepare cake according to package directions adding 1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules (dry) to the batter. Bake as directed for a 2-layer cake. Let cool completely.
Peanut Butter Filling
- Cream together butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add vanilla. Then add powdered sugar one cup at a time until all is incorporated and smooth (will be thick). Add in cream, a few tablespoons at a time, mixing well after each addition until desired consistency is reached. The filling will be stiff but smooth. Divide the filling in half and spread (press) the filling onto the top of each layer, just to the edge of each layer. Chop your snack size Take 5 candy bars. Place the candy bar pieces on top of the peanut butter filling.
- Unwrap your caramels. Melt the butter, milk, and caramels in a small pan over low heat until smooth. Drizzle the caramel on top of the peanut butter filling and chopped candy bars.
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- Bring heavy cream to a boil and remove from heat. With chocolate chips in a glass bowl, pour cream over the chips and slowly stir until all chips are melted. Let this sit for a few minutes to thicken. Drizzle the chocolate ganache on top of the filling. Repeat this with your other layer and add your broken pretzels on the very top.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.