This delicious Tex Mex Chicken Chowder Recipe makes an incredible dinner. This soup is an extremely easy to make chowder that is full of flavor and very filling. This Tex Mex Chicken Chowder is great when it is made and even better the next day.
I love garlic bread with my soup and this Garlic Butter Spread makes the best garlic bread.
Tex Mex Chicken Chowder Recipe
This Tex Mex Chicken Corn Chowderis so good, you won’t be able to eat just one bowl! It’s just full of vegetables, and spices, and it is just delicious. This will definitely warm you up on a chilly night, or be a real hit on game day. No matter when you decide to serve this, everyone will be happy you did. You can serve it up with Tortilla chips, Fritos, cornbread, or crackers. Add some cheese on top, and you’ve got a bowl of one of the best chowders you’ll ever eat. Put this one in the favorites, you’ll definitely want to make this one again!
Ingredients Chicken Chowder
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sweet onion
- Organic frozen corn
- FLAV – R -PAC Santa Fe Medley
- Organic black beans
- Green Chiles
- Stewed Tomatoes
- Chicken bullion cubes
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt
- Brown sugar
How to Make Tex Mex Chicken Chowder
Using a large soup pot, melt the butter and add the chicken breast. Cook until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
When the chicken is done cooking, cut it into pieces.
To the stock pot add onion and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the bullion cubes and about 1/4 gallon of water.
Let it simmer for 3 minutes and then break the bullion up.
Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, Santa Fe Medley, black beans, green chilis, stewed tomatoes and the rest of the water. Stir well.
Add the seasonings and bring it to a boil. Let the soup cook for 15 minutes before adding more seasoning.
Turn the temperature to low and simmer for 2 hours, stir it occasionally.
Add the garlic and cook for 10 more minutes.
When you are ready to serve, you can serve it with tortilla chips, Frito’s, corn bread, bread-sticks, crackers, or whatever your favorite is to eat with chowder.
Add cheese on top if desired. Serve and Enjoy!
What is the Difference Between Soup and Chowder?
A chowder is a thick and chunky soup that started when fishermen started making chowder with seafood. It can have seafood, meat, poultry or vegetables. The broth of chowder tends to be thicker than that of soup.
What Should I Top Mexican Corn Chowder With?
When you make this Mexican Corn Chowder you can top each bowl with Mexican or Cheddar cheese. You can also add a small dollop of sour cream. Another delicious topping would be a spoonful of salsa.
Tex Mex Chicken Chowder Recipe
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large potatoes - peeled and chopped
- 4 large carrots - peeled and sliced
- 4 stems celery - washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 package Organic frozen corn - 12 ounces
- 1 package FLAV - R -PAC Santa Fe Medley
- 1 can Organic black beans
- 1 can chopped green Chiles - 6 ounces
- 1 large Stewed Tomatoes - 28 ounces
- 1 gallon of filtered water
- 4 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- In the bottom of a Large Stock pot, Soup Pot, or Large Roaster, place about a teaspoon of butter, and melt it.
- Add the chicken breasts, and cook them through, about 30 minutes.
- When the chicken breast is done, and no longer pink in the center, cut it in small pieces.
- Add the onion, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the 4 bullion cubes, and about 1/4 of the gallon of water.
- Let simmer for about 3 minutes, and break up the bullion in the water.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, Santa Fe Medley, black beans, green chiles, Stewed tomatoes, and the rest of the water.
- Stir well.
- Add the Cumin, Chili powder, garlic salt, seasoned salt, and brown sugar. Stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low, and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place a small amount of chowder in a small crock, and let cool for a couple of minutes, then taste the chowder for seasoning; if you prefer more Cumin, garlic salt, seasoned salt, or chili powder, add more at this time, and stir well to blend, and cook for at least 15 minutes to allow spices to add flavor.
- Add the minced garlic, and cook for 10 more minutes.
- You can serve the chowder at this point, or leave it on low until time to serve.
- You can serve it with tortilla chips, Frito's, corn bread, bread-sticks, crackers, or whatever your favorite is to eat with chowder.
- Add cheese on top if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!