Texas Roadhouse Rolls with honey cinnamon butter is the bread recipe you need in your life right now. These warm, soft, sweet rolls are just as good as the ones from a restaurant.
I really like making my own rolls because they are always so fresh. These are no exception and might just be my favorite bread recipe of all time.
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
We literally go to Texas Roadhouse just for the yummy rolls. Of course, we really like a lot of other menu items, but the number one sell are those warm rolls they bring you right when you sit down. I think I could live off those things. Thankfully, now we can make them at home!
Ingredients You’ll Need for the Rolls
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls
- Heat the milk. Heat milk to 180 degrees and add the butter. When the milk begins to cool to about 120 degrees, add yeast and some of the sugar. Let it sit.
- Mix. Mix together the flour, salt and the milk mixture. Add egg and mix. Then add it flour, one cup at a time, and mix. Then, change to a dough hook and add the rest of the flour, slowly until dough forms. Keep kneading for another few minutes.
- Rest. Cover the dough in melted butter and let it rest for an hour.
- Bake. Roll out the dough and cut into 3×3″ pieces. Place the bread on a baking sheet and let it rise again for another 15-30 minutes. Bake for 12 minutes and brush with butter when they’re done.
Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter
- Whip. Use a whisk to whip all the butter ingredients together in a bowl until it’s smooth. Make sure the butter is well softened first.
These delicious rolls do take some time, but the recipe works out great every time and it is well worth it. The next time you have a craving for Texas Roadhouse, give this a try!
More Recipes To Try
Texas Roadhouse Rolls
- 1 package of yeast about 2 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup of water - heated to about 110 degrees
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of butter melted
- 6 Tablespoons of Butter melted
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 4 1/2 cups of flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Heat the milk to about 180 degrees, either on the stove or in the microwave.
- Remove the milk from the heat and add the butter.
- When the Thermometer reads 120, dissolve the yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in the hot milk.
- Let sit for 10 minutes; while the yeast begins to bloom, or foam.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the yeast/milk mixture, pinch of salt and one cup of flour.
- Using the paddle attachment, combine all ingredients plus egg, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add 2 cups of flour, one cup at a time, until well blended.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and mix any unmixed ingredients.
- Replace the paddle attachment with the dough hook.
- Add the remainder of the flour about a 1/2 cup at a time, and mix on low speed until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the mixing bowl.
- Continue to mix/knead the dough for 3 minutes, or until the dough texture is smooth.
- Place melted butter in a large bowl and smear the inside of the bowl with the butter.
- Place the dough on a floured surface, and with floured hands, form the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough in the buttered bowl, and turn the dough in the bowl to butter the dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth, and place in a warm place and let the dough rise until it doubles in size, about an hour.
- When the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a floured surface and using a flour dusted rolling pin, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Fold the dough in half, and seal the seams with the rolling pin.
- Cut 3 X 3 inch pieces to make the rolls.
- Grease a cookie sheet, and place the rolls on the cookie sheet.
- Let stand until doubled in size, about 15 - 30 minutes.
- Bake rolls at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until rolls are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack and let cool.
- When rolls have cooled, brush with melted butter.
- Place softened butter, cinnamon, honey and powdered sugar in the mixing bowl, and whip with the whisk attachment until smooth and fluffy.
- Serve rolls with Cinnamon honey butter. Enjoy!