We needed to create some easy ideas to include with our Christmas trays this year for the kids & came up with Grinch Cookies! We used key lime cookie mix from Pillsbury & decorated with pre-made icing, Tootsie Rolls, and sprinkles!
- 1 box of Key Lime Cookie Mix (Pillsbury)
- Chocolate Cookie Icing (Betty Crocker)
- Lemon Tootsie Rolls
- Red Sprinkles or Pearl Candies
- Green Twizzler Strings
- Make your cookies according to the package directions. You can also make any sugar cookie and add green food coloring as well.
- We used the chocolate icing to make the mouth, nose, and eye brows.
- We put a lemon Tootsie Roll in the microwave for 7 seconds.
- Pinch off 5 pieces and then split those pieces in half to make 10.
- Shape them into eyes using your fingers before they harden back up.
- Attach on for eyes using the icing.
- We used red Pearl candies for the pupils.
- Cut cut off pieces from a green Twizzler string & then cut the top into 3 pieces using kitchen scissors.
- Attach on the back side using the icing.
If you like The Grinch Easy Christmas Cookies…make sure to check out our other fun food ideas HERE!