This Easy Rocky Road Fudge is made in just minutes and is loaded with chocolate, marshmallows and chopped nuts. Once you make this delicious microwave fudge, you’ll never use another recipe or method again. This one is a keeper and perfect for Holiday gifts!
The Best Rocky Road Fudge Recipe
Rocky Road Fudge has everything that we all adore in the classic ice cream flavor mixed into a rich chocolate fudge. This is loved by kids and adults and also makes a fantastic Holiday gift.
You just can’t get any easier than this fudge recipe. There are lots of traditional old-fashioned fudge recipes that require a longer cooking time and include candy thermometers, etc… This recipe avoids all of that! Just a glass bowl, 5-ingredients and a pan is all you need for this delicious fudge.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Chocolate chips – we prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract – pure vanilla extract is best.
- Mini marshmallows – and brand.
- Chopped nuts – (optional)
You can use any type of nut for this fudge recipe. Almonds, peanuts, walnuts or pecans are a good choice.
How To Make Rocky Road Fudge
- Step 1: combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stir everything together until well combined and smooth.
- Step 2: add vanilla extract, chopped nuts and miniature marshmallows to the chocolate, then pour the chocolate mixture into a pan lined with aluminum foil (or parchment paper). Chill until firm, slice and enjoy!
Pan Size: we have made this in a 9″x13″ and 8″x8″ pan and like it both ways. However, most people prefer a “thicker” fudge using the 8″x8″ pan.
Stovetop: If you don’t have a microwave or prefer not to use one, it’s easy to make this recipe on the stove. You can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate and condensed milk together, continually stirring. Proceed with the directions above.
Storing Rocky Road Fudge
This fudge recipe will store perfectly in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for two months. We freeze fudge a lot for the moments you have unexpected company and you need a quick treat to serve. Store the fudge squares in an airtight container layering with parchment paper so they don’t stick together.
We love to make big batches of this fudge and package it up into cans or boxes for Holiday gifts. Everyone just loves it!
More Holiday Candy Recipes
- Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Easy Crockpot Candy
- Christmas Peppermint Patties
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Potato Candy Recipe
- Best Rum Balls
Rocky Road Fudge
- Line an 9"x13" or a 8"x8" (for thicker fudge) pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- Place the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on High power then stir. If the morsels aren't fully melted and blended, continue microwaving in 15 second intervals. Add in the vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Now add the mini marshmallows and nuts, gently stir to combine.
- Press the fudge into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Use the foil to lift the fudge out of the pan and cut into bite sized pieces, then serve.