5 Ingredient Souper Rice is a flavorful side dish, perfect to serve with any dinner. Start-to-finish ready in under 15 minutes and made using just one pot, this rice will be your new favorite!
5 Ingredient Souper Rice
When I need a quick and easy side dish to go with dinner, I always turn to this 5 Ingredient Souper Rice recipe. It’s perfect with chicken, fish, steak, roast beef, and turkey.
For more side dish recipes, here are some great options: Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes | Easy Honey Glazed Carrots | Loaded Scalloped Potatoes | Crockpot Creamed Corn
Here’s what you’ll need to make the rice (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Instant rice – please be aware that this recipe only works with instant white rice. Other types of rice or even instant brown rice may not work well with this recipe.
- Chicken broth or stock
- Parmesan cheese – you can grate fresh Parmesan or use the already grated kind from the can.
- Cream of chicken soup – you can use a regular soup or the light version.
How to Make 5 Ingredient Souper Rice
In a large saucepan, whisk together the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat, stirring often, until it begins to simmer. Stir in the uncooked instant rice, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and remove from heat.
Let the pan stand covered for 5-8 minutes, until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Serve hot.
How to Store the Leftovers
Keep the leftover rice in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave.
More Recipes You Will Love
5 Ingredient Souper Rice
- 1 10.75-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 ½ cups uncooked instant rice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (freshly grated or from a can)
- pinch of black pepper
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat, stirring often, until it begins to simmer.
- Stir in the uncooked instant rice, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and remove from heat.
- Let the pan stand covered for 5-8 minutes, until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Serve hot.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
11 comments on “5 Ingredient Souper Rice”
Can I use regular rice & cook it in the cream of chicken & chicken broth instead of just water? Then add the other ingredients?
My mother made this, as I still do. You can also use cream of mushroom soup and we add corn or spinach sometimes for additional flavor and benefit.
I have done similar for years!!! Like 30-40 yrs. I usually do tomato soup made with milk or water and rice. Campbells used to advertise Souper rice then.
Can you use Basmati Rice that is not instant? Thanks
Add shredded chicken
Can I use brown rice?
Tastes just like risotto but much faster. I use cream of mushroom soup and do whole thing in the microwave. So good
My rice came out a little undercooked I think I’ll cook the rice before next time other than that this dish was super flavorful.
Did you use instant rice
I’m definitely gonna try this it sounds delicious.. & I have the hardest time with a side with dinner everyday.. it’s a struggle my family will all eat potatoes any way .. except the husband he hates mashed potatoes or any other variations really.. sometimes he’ll eat a baked or tots or fries but that’s it & then I’m left not knowing what to make I figure it out but this will be a welcome side on my end…