Chocolate Banana Cream Pie is a smooth and creamy layered pie with incredible flavors. This no-bake pie is filled with bananas, chocolate, and cool whip.
Banana Fudge Pie
This Banana Pie is so delicious and simple to make. This pie has so many amazing layers of ingredients that blend so well together. Chocolate Banana Cream Pie is a dessert that you can have for any occasion and will just melt in your mouth.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Milk: You can use whole or 2% milk. I have not tested this recipe with a soy milk or almond milk.
Butter: It is best to use unsalted butter for this recipe. Using unsalted butter will give you control of the flavoring in the recipe. This will allow the rawest and most natural flavor to come out in the recipe.
Graham Cracker Pie Crust: I love using premade pies because it saves a bunch of time. However, you can make your own homemade pie with a few simple ingredients.
Bananas: Bananas will be sliced into pieces and used as an additional layer to add a soft and lovely texture.
Instant Vanilla: You can use instant vanilla to add flavor to the pie. You can also use banana pudding mix as a good secondary option.
Whippped Cream: You can use store bought Cool whip or make our super easy Homemade Whipped Cream.
How To Make Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
Step 1. In a medium-sized bowl, add in the chocolate, 2 tbsp of milk, and butter and melt in the microwave on high for 1-1 1/2 minutes.
Make sure to stir the mixture every 30 seconds until melted. Pour into the crust and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Step 2. Follow the instructions on the pudding package and let sit for 5 minutes.
Step 3. Prepare 1-2 bananas by slicing into pieces and arranging them into a layer.
Step 4. Pour the prepared pudding on top of the banana layer.
Cover with cool whip and chill in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
Step 5. You can top it with more banana pieces and chocolate shavings.
Can I Make Homemade Pie Crust?
Yes, you can make homemade pie crust for this recipe. I love using a premade crust because it will reduce the time it takes to make the pie. But, you can definitely make your own graham cracker crust if you desire.
How To Store Chocolate Banana Cream Pie?
Place the banana pie into an airtight container for the best storage method. I like to keep the recipe in the fridge to keep it cool. You can also put the chocolate pie into the freezer to extend the shelf life.
More Pie Recipes:
- Blender Lemon Pie
- Crack Pie (Copycat Milk Bar Recipe)
- Grasshopper Pie (No-Bake)
- Twix Caramel Apple Pie
Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
- ½ cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 2 cups milk divided + 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 graham cracker pie crust prepared
- 2-3 medium bananas sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 3.4-ounce package instant vanilla or banana pudding mix
- 1 ¼ cups Cool Whip
- Microwave the chocolate, 2 tablespoons of milk, and butter in a medium-size bowl on high for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread evenly into the crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice 1-2 bananas and arrange in one even layer on top of the chocolate.
- Spoon pudding into the crust, covering the bananas. Top with Cool Whip. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Serve topped with sliced bananas and chocolate shavings.