This Air Fryer Nachos recipe gives you delicious nachos fast! It’s so easy to air fry nachos and saves you time on cooking and cleaning up. It’s great snack for parties or a relaxing day at home! You will never make nachos any other way.
Quick and Easy Nachos Recipe
Nachos are hands down one of my favorite foods. They are so simple to make; you can add any toppings you want! I love making nachos different every single time and discovering new flavors. This recipe is the easiest recipe for loaded nachos that I’ve ever made. You don’t even have to use your oven, so you can make them during the summer without making your kitchen too hot.
My kids can be picky at times, but we can all agree that meat and cheese on tortilla chips are always yummy. They may not like many toppings (they typically skip the olives and avocado), but making nachos in the air fryer allows me to make a small portion the way they like it without feeling like I am making an extra mess or taking up extra time. It’s definitely one of our top choices for a quick dinner.
What You’ll Need
Here are the basic ingredients to make nachos in the air fryer. They are cheap and easy to find. Below you will find the exact measurements on the recipe card.
- Ground Beef: This will get cooked directly in the air fryer before you assemble the nachos.
- Taco Seasoning: Just grab a packet of your favorite or make our easy homemade taco seasoning!
- Black Beans: Make sure these are drained to keep the chips from getting soggy.
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheese: Any Mexican, taco blend or cheddar cheese works great for this recipe.
- Tomato: Diced up for garnish.
- Green Onion: Another yummy topping.
- Black Olives: You can buy these already chopped or sliced in a can from the grocery store to save time.
- Sour Cream
- Avocado: Diced to put on top of your serving.
How To Make Nachos In An Air Fryer
These air fryer nachos are by far the easiest nachos I have ever made. Cooking them in the air fryer is so quick! The chips stay crispy with the melted cheese on top – perfection!
Cook the Meat. First, crumble the ground beef into the air fryer basket. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat. Cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Stir and Remove. Stir the meat with a wooden spoon to distribute the seasoning and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the basket once fully cooked and transfer to a small bowl.
Prepare the Nachos. Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper and add the tortilla chips. Layer with shredded cheese, cooked beef, and black beans.
Cook. Cook at 350 degrees F for about 2-3 minutes. The cheese should be melted, and all of the ingredients should be hot.
Add Garnishes and Serve. Sprinkle on diced tomatoes, black olives, green onion, sour cream, and diced avocado. Use the edges of the parchment to safely lift the nachos out of the air fryer and transfer them to a plate. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- Ground Beef: You can also use ground turkey or ground chicken. Remove the meat and add extra beans for a vegetarian option, too!
- Beans: Swap out pinto beans or refried beans for the black beans if you prefer.
- Chips: There are so many different kinds of tortilla chips. I use plain restaurant style, but you can substitute blue corn tortilla chips or a flavor like lime if you want to.
- Toppings: Some ideas for more toppings are; sliced jalapeno peppers, hot sauce, guacamole, chopped fresh cilantro, salsa, diced red onion, a squeeze of lime juice, chilli and nacho cheese sauce. There are so many possibilities!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers Bites
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips With Dipping Sauce
- Air Fryer Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained
- 2 1/2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Crumble the ground beef sprinkling taco seasoning all over the beef evenly and place it into the air fryer basket.
- Cook the beef at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Open the basket and use a wooden spoon to mix. Cook the ground beef for another 5 minutes until fully cooked through and browned. Remove the basket, place the meat in a small bowl and set aside.
- Clean out the grease from the bottom, then line the basket with parchment paper.
- Place the tortilla chips over the parchment paper then sprinkle on the shredded cheese. Top with your cooked taco meat and black beans and return to the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle on diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, black olives, sour cream and diced avocado.
- Use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the nachos out of the basket and transfer to a plate. Enjoy!