Crumble Pie anyone? This Apple Crumble Pie is so good and even better with its sweet chocolatey ganache that’s on top! You can enjoy crunchy, crumbly, sweet, soft, and savory in one bite!
Apple Crumble Pie with Chocolate Ganache
This Apple Pie is so delicious! This recipe is super moist and amazing for an after-dinner dessert or for an upcoming event. In this pie is cut-up apples coated with some additional spices, then it is topped with a tasty crumble and chocolate ganache. Crumble pie is one of my favorite pies to eat for a dessert, so if you’re like me, you will love this Crumble Eggnog Pie or Blueberry Crumble Cake for other great recipe options.
- Crust– Use a store-bought pie crust or make your own.
- Apples– You will need Gala Apples for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavoring.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Cloves– This will be used as an additional spice for taste.
- Nutmeg– This will add a wonderful aroma to your dessert.
- Cinnamon– Apples and cinnamon are some of the best combinations of flavor.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best desserts.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Brown Sugar– This will add richness to the dessert.
- Walnuts– These will need to be chopped to prepare.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Chocolate Chips– These will need to be semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– This will help with the consistency of your ganache.
How to Make Apple Crumble Pie
To start, prepare your crust and set it aside.
First, prepare your apples by coring, slicing (pieces should be 1/4 inch thick), and peeling. Then, set it aside.
Secondly, in a bowl combine the apples, lemon juice, flour, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla.
Thirdly, use a spatula to combine until fully incorporated.
Next, set the oven to 400 degrees.
In addition, put the filling into the crust using a spoon and set it aside.
To begin, in a medium bowl, put in the sugar, cinnamon, flour, and walnuts and use a spatula to combine.
First, add the mixture on top of the pie.
Secondly, set the pie into a baking pan and place it into the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
Thirdly, keep the recipe in the oven and lower the temperature to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes.
Next, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool for 3 whole hours.
First, add the whipping cream into a small pot and bring it to a simmer.
Secondly, in a medium bowl, pour the heated cream over chocolate chips and whisk until smooth, then allow the ingredients to sit for 5 minutes.
Thirdly, add the mixture into a piping bag using a spoon.
Next, use scissors to cut the end of the piping bag and drizzle it on top of the pie.
Finally, let the recipe sit and harden before serving.
Is chocolate ganache the same as chocolate sauce?
Chocolate Ganache and chocolate sauce is similar to each other. Chocolate sauce is normally made with chocolate, cream, and corn syrup. And, chocolate ganache is made with melted chocolate and cream. Both chocolate toppings are thick and perfect for desserts like pie, cake, ice cream, cupcakes, and more.
How to store this apple crumble pie?
You can store this apple crumble pie with ease and simplicity. You will first want to place the pie in an airtight container. Next, you will need to place the recipe in the fridge, freezer, or at room temperature. Storing in the fridge or freezer will help with the shelf life of the recipe.
More Crumble Recipes:
- Mini Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bites
- Cranberry Bars with Crumble Topping
- Blackberry Pie Crumble Bars
- Caramel Apple Crisp Cookies
Apple Crumble Pie with Chocolate Ganache
- 1- store-bought pie crust
- 5 Gala apples large
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ⁄4 C all-purpose flour leveled
- 1 ⁄4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 ⁄4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1 ⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ⁄2 C sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄2 C light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 ⁄4 C all-purpose flour leveled
- 3 ⁄4 C chopped walnuts
- 1 ⁄3 C unsalted butter melted/ slightly cooled
- 1 ⁄2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ⁄4 C heavy whipping cream
- Set pie crust aside.
- Apples: core, peel, and slice in 1⁄4 inch slices. Set aside. *
- Add sliced apples, lemon juice, flour, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla together in a
- bowl. Using a rubber spatula stir to combine all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spoon the apple filling in the pie crust. Set aside.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, walnuts together in a medium bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula mix the ingredients together.
- Using the rubber spatula mix in the butter.
- Sprinkle the topping over the top of the pie.
- Place the filled pie on a baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Do not remove the pie from the oven but reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees for
- another 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Set aside to cool for 3 full hours.
- Using a small pot, heat the heavy whipping cream until simmering
- Pour over the chocolate chips in a medium bowl
- Whisk until smooth and then let sit for 5 minutes
- Spoon the ganache into a piping bag
- Cut the tip off and drizzle over the pie
- Allow the chocolate to harden before serving!
- Disposable piping bag