Crumble Eggnog Pie
Eggnog is a must to enjoy on Christmas or just to share throughout the winter season. But, how about we switch it up and add the flavor of eggnog to a pie. This Crumble Eggnog Pie recipe may become a new favorite with your friends and family!
Crumble Eggnog Pie Recipe
This Eggnog pie is super delicious! This recipe just takes under half an hour and comes out so moist and flavorful. This pie has a delicious blend of oats, gingersnap cookies, and cinnamon made into a crumble. The crumble is added on top for a wonderful topping on the pie. This recipe will have you falling in love, so be sure to save this one!
One can never have too many delicious pie recipes. We have been trying new recipes that have become family favorites and I think you may discover a new favorite or two! Make sure to check out my Mini Apple Pies, or my German Chocolate Pecan Pie. Another new favorite is my Creamy Peanut Butter Pie.
- Pie crust- You will need the refrigerated type of crust.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Cornstarch- This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Eggnog- This will be for the main eggnog flavoring.
- Butter- Use unsalted to control the amount of salt.
- Rum extract- Be sure to use the pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Nutmeg- This will add a wonderful aroma to the pie.
- Cookies- You will need gingersnap cookies for this recipe.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Brown sugar- This will add richness to your dessert.
- Oats- This will be added on top of the crumble.
- Cinnamon- This will be mixed into the crumble topping.
How to Make a Crumble Eggnog Pie Recipe
Set the oven to 375 degrees.
Add the sugar and cornstarch into a small saucepan and mix to combine.
Add in the eggnog and whisk to combine.
Heat the mixture to a slow boil.
Turn down the heat and cook for another 2 minutes.
Take off the heat and stir in the butter and extract until fully melted.
Add the mixture into the pie crust and then place in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Add the gingersnaps, flour, sugar, oats, and cinnamon into a medium bowl and mix to combine.
Chop your butter and add it to the mixture.
Combine the butter using your hands.
Mix the butter in until the mixture is fine crumbs with no chunks.
Sprinkle the crumble on top of the pie, then place back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Take out and let the pie rest until cool.
Serve and enjoy!
What Flavor is Eggnog Pie?
This Crumble Eggnog pie is so delicious. The flavor is based on the eggnog ingredient that is used in the batter. Eggnog has a similar taste to melted vanilla ice cream, so that would be the best way to describe the flavor, but a bit of added spice to it with the crumble topping.
Do I Need to Refrigerate Eggnog Pie?
The main base ingredient for this pie is eggnog. The eggnog pie will need to be placed in the fridge. You can place it in a sealed container for the best storage.
MORE EGGNOG RECIPES
Crumble Eggnog Pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 15 Gingersnap cookies
- ½ cup of flour
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup cold butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan add the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir to combine.
- Whisk in the eggnog until smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stirring constantly
- Remove the saucepan from the heat; add in the butter and extract.
- Stir until the butter is melted and smooth.
- Pour the pie mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the gingersnaps, flour, sugar, oats, and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine.
- Add your chopped butter to your mixture.
- Using your hands combine the butter with the mixture.
- Make sure there are no chunks of butter and its small crumbs.
- Add the crumble on top of the pie and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.