Game Day is brewing and all your friends and family will be coming around to enjoy football and have a blast. The best way to host a game day get together is having the best food. This Bacon and Kielbasa Appetizer Cups will be the best appetizer to serve! Full of savory meat, including bacon, this will definitely be a hearty appetizer your guests will love!
Bacon and Kielbasa Appetizer Cups
These savory Bacon and Kielbasa Appetizer Cups are so delicious! Once your guests try this tasty appetizer, they are going to exclaim that this recipe, hands down, was the winner of the Big Game! These Game Day appetizer is very easy to make and only take a couple of ingredients and come out as little puffs of perfection. This will definitely be a go-to appetizer, so be sure to save this one and keep it handy for future occasions.
If you are hosting a get together to watch the biggest game of the year, then I’m sure that the menu is already on your mind. The key thing to remember when hosting a sporting event party is that the guests really don’t care about presentation or food that requires a lot of components to eat. They want simple bite-sized appetizers that are delicious, can be eaten with no silverware required and can be carried around easily. In addition to this recipe, I have a few other ones that I think will go perfectly with your Big Game Day party! Some of my family’s favorites are my Bacon Wrapped Smokies, my Chicken Wings, and of course my Dr. Pepper Meatballs.
- >Phyllo dough- You will need this to be frozen.
- Polska Kielbasa- You will have these sliced for this recipe.
- Sweet Onion- This will need to be chopped.
- Bacon– Cut or crumble into small pieces.
- BBQ Sauce- You will need Country Bob’s All-Purpose BBQ sauce for this recipe.
- Parsley- The parsley should be finely chopped.
How to Make Bacon and Kielbasa Appetizer Cups
Add the sliced kielbasa to a large skillet with the chopped onion, and sauté until browned.
Put in the bacon and mix well.
Add in the BBQ sauce and coat evenly, and make a gooey sauce. Add the chopped parsley on top.
Use a 12 count muffin tin and spray with cooking spray. Slice the dough into squares and put into the prepared tin. Push down into the tin to shape into a cup.
Add the prepared mixture into the dough cups. Fill to the top.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can I Use Turkey Sausage Instead of Kielbasa?
You can use any type of meat you would like for these pigs in a blanket recipe. You can replace the meat with beef, chicken, or even turkey. I always recommend trying out the recipe before switching ingredients though because it is absolutely delicious.
What is the Best BBQ Sauce for this Kielbasa Appetizer recipe?
For these Kielbasa blankets, you will be using Country Bob’s all-purpose sauce. This BBQ sauce is the best for this specific recipe. Although, you can exchange the BBQ sauce with any other types you like.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES
Bacon and Kielbasa Appetizer Cups
- 1 package of phyllo dough frozen
- 1 package of Polska Kielbasa slliced
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 6 strips of bacon crumbled
- Country Bob's All-Purpose BBQ Sauce
- parsley finely chopped
- In a large skillet, place the sliced kielbasa, and chopped onion, and sauté until the kielbasa and onion are golden brown. Add crumbled bacon, and stir well. Pour the Country Bob's Sauce over the skillet, enough to coat, and make a gooey sauce. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley
- Spray a 12 count mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Cut the phyllo dough into squares, and place the squares in the muffin tin. Press the squares into the tin to form little cups. Spoon the kielbasa mixture into the phyllo dough in the muffin tin, until the cups are full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, or until dough is completely done, and golden brown. Serve, and Enjoy
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.