Baileys Irish Cream Cake
Looking for a delicious St. Patrick’s Day cake recipe? This easy to make Baileys Irish Cream Cake recipe has an amazing flavor as a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and a double burst of Irish Cream.
Need more St. Patrick’s Day Desserts, you will love St Patrick’s Day Cookie Bars.
Baileys Irish Cream Cake
This rich chocolate cake is moist and fluffy and is an absolutely perfect. Baking this as a sheet cake instead of a layered cake makes this a simple dessert that comes together with very little effort. I love the flavor that the Irish Creme gives to this cake and icing.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder
- Bailey’s Irish Creme
- Powdered sugar
How to Make a Baileys Irish Cream Cake
Start with a preheated oven to 35o degrees. Prepare the cake pan with baking spray.
Using a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
In a medium pot, add the water, cocoa, and butter and bring to a boil.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the pot and whisk together
Next, whisk in the Bailey’s and eggs.
Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cake is done. The cake is done with a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
To make the frosting, melt the butter together with the Bailey’s and cocoa. Bring it to a boil and whisk it together until it is combined.
Once it boils, remove it from the heat and whisk in the powdered sugar slowly.
Pour the icing over the cake and allow it to cool and set.
Cut and Enjoy!
Is This Bailey’s Cake Kid-Friendly?
When making this cake, it has a 1/2 cup of Bailey’s Irish Creme in the cake batter with another 1/2 cup in the icing. While some of the alcohol will burn out of the cake during the baking process, there is still a certain amount of alcohol in both the cake and the icing.
If you want to make this a kid friendly cake you can swap the Bailey’s Irish Creme for Irish Cream coffee creamer for a similar taste that is safe for kids.
Can I Turn This into Irish Cream Cupcakes?
If you want to make this cake into Irish Cream Cupcakes, you can easily make the cake according to the directions and instead of putting the batter into the cake pan you will fill each section of the cupcake pan 2/3 of the way full. Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until the cupcakes are done. Be sure to check the cupcakes to make sure they are not over baked. Then make the icing and dip the tops of the cupcakes into the icing.
Bailey's Irish Cream Sheet Cake
- 1 9x13 baking pan
- 2 C flour
- 2 C sugar
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- ½ C cocoa powder
- 1 C water
- ½ C Bailey’s Irish Creme
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C unsalted butter
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- ¾ C Bailey’s Irish Creme
- 4 C powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the baking pan with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda until combined
- Using a medium saucepan, bring the butter, cocoa, and water to a boil
- Gradually pour over dry ingredients and whisk until combined
- Whisk in the Bailey’s and eggs until combined
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Using a medium saucepan, melt the butter, baileys and cocoa powder until mixture comes to a boil while gradually whisking until combined
- Once boiling, remove from heat and gradually whisk in the powdered sugar until combined and smooth
- Pour the icing over the cake and allow the icing to cool and set
- Cut and Enjoy!