If you’re a fan of the classic banana pudding dessert, then this Banana Pudding Dip will be right up your alley! Creamy banana pudding, cream cheese, Cool Whip, sugar, and vanilla all whipped together to create the most amazing sweet dip in minutes.
Easy Banana Pudding Dip
Inspired by the classic banana pudding dessert, this Banana Pudding Dip is a quick and easy dessert, made with just a handful of ingredients. In fact, it uses many of the same ingredients as banana pudding so you get all that classic flavor in dippable form.
Any time you need a quick and fun dessert for a potluck, party, picnic, movie night, or pretty much any other occasion, Banana Pudding Dip is absolutely perfect! It tastes like a banana cream pie dip and is really good with Nilla Wafers or even graham crackers for dipping.
Can’t get enough banana pudding? Don’t miss my banana pudding poke cake!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Banana Pudding Dip (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Instant banana cream pudding – you can use vanilla pudding instead, but the banana pudding is really what gives this dip the banana flavor.
- Half and half – if you prefer, use milk instead of half and half. The dip will be less rich creamy, but a little lower in calories.
- Cream cheese – use regular block cream cheese and soften it to room temperature before using so it will blend well into the dip.
- Vanilla extract – this ingredient just adds a nice extra flavor that highlights the banana.
- Powdered sugar – be sure to use powdered sugar and not granulated sugar.
- Cool Whip – or use any store brand you like. Thaw the Cool Whip before you make the dip.
- Banana slices for garnish – because bananas brown quickly, adding the bananas to the top should be the last step right before serving the dip.
- Nilla Wafers for dipping – we used mini Nilla Wafers because the regular were sold out at the grocery store, but any size should work well for dipping.
How to Make Banana Pudding Dip
This dessert dip is quick and easy to make!
- Combine the ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pudding mix and half & half; whisk until smooth and thickened, then set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Fold in the Cool Whip. Gently fold in the Cool Whip and mix just until smooth and creamy. Add the pudding mixture and stir until well combined.
- Serve or chill. Serve the immediately or chill before serving. Right before serving, add banana slices to the top of the dip for garnish. Serve with Nilla Wafers for dipping.
- Switch up the pudding – The banana pudding gives the dip the banana flavor, but you can make this with vanilla pudding or other flavors that you like, such as cheesecake pudding.
- Add berries – For a colorful twist, try adding freshly slices strawberries (or a mix of berries) to the top of the dip.
- Use graham crackers – If you don’t have Nilla Wafers, graham crackers are a great match for this dip.
How to Store Leftover Banana Pudding Dip
Keep the leftover banana cream pie dip in an airtight food storage container. Refrigerate for up to five days.
Note: The fresh bananas will turn brown and any Nilla Wafers will become very mushy, so remove these from the dip before refrigerating and add fresh before serving again.
More Dessert Dip Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Banana Pudding Dip
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pudding mix and half & half; whisk until smooth and thickened, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip and mix just until smooth and creamy.
- Add the pudding mixture and stir until well combined.
- Serve it immediately or chill before serving.
- Before serving, add banana slices to the top of the dip for garnish. Serve with Nilla Wafers.