This Banana Split Fluff is a thick, crunchy, and creamy dessert salad filled with fresh fruit like pineapple, cherries, bananas, and strawberries.
Banana Split Dessert Salad
This delicious dessert salad is so good and simple to make. It has an array of different textures and flavors. You get bursts of fresh fruit with the crunchiness of chocolate chips, and walnuts or pecans. It is packed with flavor and perfect for any occasion.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Instant Pudding: Use banana cream along with fresh bananas to create that smooth and thick texture.
Fruit: To add more flavor and texture, you will need pineapple with the juice, maraschino cherries, and strawberries.
Add-ins: Use marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, and either pecans or walnuts to give more texture and flavor.
Whipped Topping: This is great for the consistency of the dessert. It helps make it super creamy and smooth.
How To Make Banana Split Fluff
Step 1. Put the instant pudding and crushed pineapple into a large bowl and combine. Put in the cherries, strawberries, marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, and bananas and combine again until fully incorporated. Add in half of the whipped topping and use a spatula to fold and combine. Put in the rest of the topping and combine again.
Step 2. Allow the mixture to chill for 2 hours in the fridge. Top with your choice of garnishes. I like to add nuts, chocolate chips, and cherries.
What To Serve With Banana Split Fluff?
You can serve this dip on a buffet of dessert dips if you would like. If you want some great choices for dippers, check out this list:
- Nilla Wafers
What Gives Banana Split Fluff Its Flavor?
A banana split is a dessert with many different flavors clashing together. This recipe uses fresh fruit like bananas and instant pudding to give it its fruity flavor and uses chocolate chips and other add-ins to make a similar banana split flavor.
More Dessert Dip Recipes:
Banana Split Fluff Salad
- 1 3.4 ounces box banana cream instant pudding
- 1 20 ounces can pineapple crushed with juice
- 1 10 ounces jar maraschino cherries without stems, drained and halved
- 1 cup strawberries diced fresh
- 1 cup marshmallows miniature
- ½ cup pecans chopped or walnuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips miniature
- 2 bananas halved and sliced
- 1 8 ounces container whipped topping frozen, thawed
- In a large bowl, mix the instant pudding with the crushed pineapple until blended.
- To the bowl, add the cherries, strawberries, marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, and bananas. Stir until well blended.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping until evenly mixed. Then add the remaining whip topping, folding until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve garnished with additional nuts, chocolate chips, and cherries if desired.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.