This Banana Split Fluff Salad is a thick, crunchy, and creamy dessert dip filled with all the flavors of a classic banana split, like banana, strawberry, and pineapple. Enjoy with pretzels, graham crackers, or Nilla wafers.
Easy Banana Split Fluff Salad
This banana split fluff salad is a simple and easy dessert that’s perfect for nearly any occasion. It has all the flavors of a classic banana split and though it’s creamy and fluffy, there’s lots of texture too. You get bursts of fresh fruit with the crunchiness of chocolate chips, and walnuts or pecans.
The base of this fluff salad recipe is banana cream pudding and whipped cream, then it’s loaded with all your favorite banana split ingredients – bananas, strawberries, pineapple, cherries, nuts, and more.
This is perfect for parties and gatherings, not only because everyone loves it but also because it’s easy to prepare and serve. Just place the bowl on a plate with a few dippers, like graham crackers, and the dessert is ready to enjoy!
Watch How To Make It
Want to see how to make this banana split salad step-by-step? Check out my video below!
Why You’ll Love This Banana Split Salad
Here are a few reasons we love this banana split fluff salad.
- All the flavors of a banana split. This fluff salad has all the flavors of a classic banana split – think banana, strawberry, and pineapple. Not to mention the maraschino cherry topping!
- Quick and easy. It takes about 5 minutes to whip up this fluff salad, then it needs to chill for just 2 hours before enjoying.
- No baking or cooking required. This recipe is super easy because all you need to do is combine the ingredients. You don’t even need a mixer – a wooden spoon will do!
What Is Fluff Salad?
Fluff salad is a dessert dip made with whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), pudding, and other mix-ins. It’s typically served with a variety of dippers, like pretzels, graham crackers, or Nilla wafers.
This banana split salad features many of the same ingredients as a classic banana split, like bananas, pineapple, and maraschino cherries. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Instant pudding – Banana cream instant pudding ensures there’s a light banana flavor in every bite of this dessert dip.
- Crushed pineapple – Do not drain, as the juices will be mixed into the fluff salad.
- Maraschino cherries – Remove the stems (or buy ones without stems), drain, and halve.
- Strawberries – Fresh strawberries are ideal.
- Bananas – Choose ripe bananas without brown spots.
- Mix-ins – Marshmallows, pecans or walnuts, and mini chocolate chips add texture and flavor to this fluff salad.
- Whipped topping – You can use Cool Whip or the store brand. Be sure to thaw first.
How To Make Banana Split Fluff Salad
This banana split salad is quick and easy to make. No baking or cooking required!
- Prepare the pudding. Mix the instant pudding with the crushed pineapple.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the fruit and other mix-ins. Stir until blended. Fold in half of the whipped topping until evenly distributed then add the second half.
- Chill. Transfer to the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy. Garnish with more nuts, chocolate chips, and cherries if desired. Enjoy with your favorite dippers.
Tips & Variations
Here are a few tips and variations for making this banana split salad.
- Make sure to use instant pudding. The cook and serve type will not work in this recipe!
- Adjust the mix-ins as desired. Not a fan of nuts? Skip them. Same goes for the chocolate chips. Feel free to add any other toppings you’d like too, such as sprinkles.
- Use vanilla pudding. If you can’t find banana cream pudding or you’d prefer a lighter banana flavor, you can use instant vanilla pudding in this recipe instead.
- Chill before serving. This gives the pudding time to set and the flavors time to meld. It’s worth the wait, I promise!
What to Serve With Fluff Salad
- Nilla Wafers
- Fridge. Store any leftover banana split fluff salad in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep it covered tightly with plastic or in an airtight container. Stir well before serving.
- Freezer. I do not recommend trying to freeze this fluff salad recipe.
More Banana Split Desserts
Banana Split Fluff Salad
- 1 3.4 ounces box banana cream instant pudding
- 1 20 ounces can pineapple crushed with juice
- 1 10 ounces jar maraschino cherries without stems, drained and halved
- 1 cup strawberries diced fresh
- 1 cup marshmallows miniature
- ½ cup pecans chopped or walnuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips miniature
- 2 bananas halved and sliced
- 1 8 ounces container whipped topping frozen, thawed
- In a large bowl, mix the instant pudding with the crushed pineapple until blended.
- To the bowl, add the cherries, strawberries, marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, and bananas. Stir until well blended.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping until evenly mixed. Then add the remaining whip topping, folding until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve garnished with additional nuts, chocolate chips, and cherries if desired.