One bite of this Lemon Blueberry Trifle recipe and you are in heaven. The combination of tangy lemon pudding and fresh blueberries together with the angel food cake is the perfect dessert for friends and family. The look of this cake is absolutely stunning and it is sure to impress.
Lemon Blueberry Trifle Recipe
Blueberries and lemon go fantastic together. This trifle can be made in very little time, with low-cost ingredients. But nothing about this dessert says a cheap dessert. The trifle comes together easily and it looks absolutely beautiful.
- Angel Food Cake- You can use a store bought angel food cake or use a cake mix to make the angel food cake.
- Lemon instant pudding- The lemon pudding works together with the lemon and blueberries in this trifle. You can also use vanilla pudding.
- Milk- Any type of milk that works for pudding will work in this recipe.Whipped topping- You can use whipped topping or you can make fresh whipped cream in this recipe.
- Lemons – The lemons are used to decorate the top of the trifle.
- Blueberries- The blueberries are used in the layers and as decoration on the top.
How to Make a Lemon Blueberry Trifle Recipe
Bake the angel food cake according to the back of the box.
Meanwhile, mix the instant pudding and milk together until it is smooth.
Place it in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
Cut the cake into small pieces and place several pieces into the bottom of the glass dish.
Place some of the blueberries into the glass pieces around the cake pieces.
Add a few tablespoons of the pudding and then add the whipped topping.
Add blueberries and repeat the layers.
Top the trifle with blueberries and lemon slices.
Place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
How Long is Trifle Good?
When you make a trifle, it should be stored in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3 days. The longer the trifle sits, it will become more watery and the cake will get soggy.
Do You Use Fresh or Frozen Berries in a Trifle?
I like using fresh blueberries in the trifle but you can also use frozen berries. If you want to use frozen berries, be sure to let them thaw them completely. Once the berries are thawed, make sure to dry them well.
Lemon Blueberry Trifle Recipe
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix or store bought cake 16 ounces
- 1 small lemon instant pudding 3.4 oz box
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 container whipped topping, thawed or fresh whipping cream 8 oz
- Mix and bake angel food cake according to directions on box
- In a small bowl, whisk together instant pudding and milk until smooth
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 10 minutes
- Cut cake into small pieces
- Place several pieces on bottom of glass dish, the amount will depend on the size of your dish
- Add several blueberries between pieces of cake
- Add 1-2 heaping teaspoons of pudding on top of pudding
- Add whipped topping to a disposable decorator bag or resealable bag. You can also spoon it on, however using the bag is easier.
- Add blueberries
- Repeat layers and top with blueberries, slice of lemon and lemon zest
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 2 hours before serving
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.