Easy Marinated Tomatoes
This delicious easy Marinated Tomatoes recipe is so flavorful, you are going to want to make it all the time. Served as a side dish, it is perfect during the hot summer months when you want something light and refreshing.
Easy Marinated Tomato
- Cherry tomatoes- You want cherry tomatoes in red, yellow, and orange to make the prettiest looking dish.
- Red onion- I like the flavor of red onions in this recipe but if you do not, you can use white onions.
- Basil- You want to use fresh basil in this recipe. It gives a deliciously bright flavor.
- Balsamic Vinegar- The balsamic vinegar adds a fantastic flavor to this relish.
- Rice wine vinegar- Rice wine gives a flavor similar to using red wine.
- Olive oil- You can use extra virgin olive oil or olive oil.
- Garlic- You want minced garlic. You can mine it yourself or buy pre-minced.
- Lemon juice- Lemon juice gives the right amount of acidity to the relish.
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar adds the right amount of sweetness but the molasses in the sugar adds another layer of flavor.
- Garlic salt- I like using garlic salt because it adds the salt and the garlic together in one.
- Seasoned pepper- Seasoned pepper gives a fantastic flavor
- Ground Oregano- I like to crush the ground oregano to bring out the most flavor.
How to Make Homemade Tomato Relish
Clean the tomatoes and cut them half.
Add the tomatoes, chopped red onions, and washed and chopped basil to the bowl.
Next add the minced garlic and toss it all together.
Blend the vinegars, oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, and oregano together and then pour it over the tomato relish.
Sprinkle with garlic salt and seasoned pepper and toss it together well.
Place the tomato relish in small individual dishes or add it to a large bowl to serve family style.
What is the Difference Between Tomato Chutney and Tomato Relish?
Relish is almost always made from vegetables while a chutney is usually made with fruit. Since tomatoes are actually a fruit, though everyone considers them vegetables
Generally speaking, a relish is made with grated or cut up vegetables or fruit , while is chutney is almost always made with mainly fruit. … It is a spicy and aromatic condiment that contains fruit, sugar, vinegar and a whole array of spices. Chutneys can vary in texture from being smooth to rather chunky and coarse.
What is the Best Tomato To Make Marinated Tomates With?
While you could use any type of tomatoes, I like using cherry tomatoes. They are small so there is less prep work involved and they have a sweet candy like taste to them. The sweetness of the tomatoes plays with the vinegar to create the best flavor possible. Also, by using red, yellow, and orange tomatoes it creates a beautiful presentation.
What to Serve With Marinated Tomatoes
If you are wondering what to serve this delicious tomato relish with, I think you will love:
- Air Fryer Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Drip Beef Sandwiches
- Chili Cheese Dog Bake
- Harvest Pork With Apples
Easy Marinated Tomatoes
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 pounds Cherry tomatoes - red - orange - yellow
- 1 medium red onion - sliced Chiffonade style
- 1/2 cup basil - chopped
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Rice wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- Garlic salt - to taste
- Seasoned pepper - to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Oregano
- Wash the Cherry tomatoes, and drain them on paper towels.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, and place them in a large bowl.
- Peel the red onion, and slice chiffonade style, and add to tomatoes.
- Wash and chop the fresh Basil.
- Add the minced garlic, and toss all together.
- Blend the Balsamic Vinegar, riced wine vinegar, Olive oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, and Oregano, and pour over tomato relish.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, and seasoned pepper, and toss well to mix.
- Place the tomato relish in small individual glass containers, and serve at each place setting.
- Can also be served in small dishes, or family style. Enjoy!