There is nothing like a homemade biscuit! Make these delicious Butter Dip Biscuits for the easiest and most buttery biscuits to come out of your kitchen.
Butter Dip Biscuits
We just love fresh biscuits on a Saturday morning! But sometimes they can be a lot of work to make. That is why you will love this Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits recipe–delicious homemade biscuits with very minimal effort. Add some scrambled eggs and bacon and you have a perfect breakfast!
While you’re here, make sure you also see these great recipes: Texas Roadhouse Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter | Three Ingredient Beer Bread Recipe | Slow Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread | Banana Bread in a Jar
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
How to Make Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits
Pour the melted butter into a square baking dish or pan. You’ll be dropping the batter right on top of this butter.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the buttermilk and mix until a soft batter forms.
Drop the biscuit batter into the pan over the butter and spread out evenly edge to edge. Some of the butter will come up over the sides of the batter, and this is okay.
Use a knife to cut the batter into 9 square biscuits. You can dip the knife in the butter along the sides of the pan to make the cutting easier.
Bake the biscuits at 450ºF for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
What to Serve with the Biscuits
- Softened butter
- Jam – strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, or blueberry are some of our favorites.
- Whipped sweetened cream
- Fresh berries – sliced strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Breakfast foods – bacon or sausage, eggs, and hash browns would all make a perfect breakfast when paired with the butter dip biscuits.
How to Store Leftover Biscuits
Keep leftover biscuits in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, microwave the biscuit on high for 15 seconds at a time until warm.
More Recipes You Will Love
Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1/2 cups butter (1 stick) melted
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Pour the melted butter into the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the buttermilk and stir until the dough forms (it will be very sticky). Scoop the dough into the baking dish on top of the butter and spread out evenly.
- Use a knife to cut the dough in the pan into 9 squares. Tip: dip the knife in the melted butter along the sides of the baking dish to make it easier to cut the dough without it sticking to the knife.
- Bake the biscuits at 450F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
6 comments on “Butter Dip Biscuits”
If I could give this recipe more then 5 stars I would. These are the best biscuits ever.
This looks amazing! Beautiful family too!
going to try they look great
looks yummy and easy, will try this for sure.
These look most righteous. I will be trying these out.
Can’t wait to try this.