Do you enjoy the sweet taste of pie? Pie is amazing baked goods and with so many varieties, come beautiful displays of baked desserts. You may just fall in love with this new Buttermilk Pie with Walnut Streusel. You can share with your friends and family and they may fall in love too!
Buttermilk Pie with Walnut Streusel
This Buttermilk Pie with Walnut Streusel is super delicious! The crunchy and nutty flavor of the walnut streusel with the sweet buttermilk pie is a wonderful combination. This recipe is so easy to make and simple to follow along with. It will make a grea addition to your Thanksgiving feast or holiday traditions. Serve this pie with Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Deep-dish pie shell– You can buy premade or make your own homemade.
- Butter- You should use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose for the best results.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in a recipe.
- Eggs- You will need to use the eggs at room temperature.
- Buttermilk- You can use whole or 2% milk as a substitute.
- Lemon juice- Fresh lemon juice will give the best result.
- Vanilla extract- You will need to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your recipe.
- Ground cinnamon- You can ground your ingredients for the best results.
- Walnuts- You will need to have them chopped.
How to Make a Buttermilk Pie with Walnut Streusel
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
Add in the flour, salt, and eggs and beat until smooth.
Mix in the buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix well. (It will appear curdled)
Add the filling into the 9″ pie crust. I normally use a deep dish.
Add the pan to a cookie sheet and put in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
Make the streusel
Add streusel ingredients to a medium bowl and crumble together using your fingers.
Take out the pie from the oven and add the streusel on the top.
Add back into your oven and back for another 20 minutes.
Take out and place on a rack to cool for 30 minutes before enjoying!
Where Did Buttermilk Pie Originate?
Buttermilk pie is believed to have come from England and brought to the state by southerners. Then, this was mass-produced in texas. The reason for this is because there was so much buttermilk and it was inexpensive.
Why is My Buttermilk Pie Runny?
When you make your Buttermilk Pie, you have to be careful. The reason why the pie is runny because there is too much liquid. You most likely didn’t add your ingredients together properly.
What is Buttermilk Pie Made Of?
Buttermilk Pie is a very simple recipe to put together. You will only need a few ingredients for a delicious pie in no time. The basic filling consists of a mixture of sugar, butter, eggs, buttermilk, and flour.
More Delicious Fall Desserts
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe
- Coconut Pecan Shortbread Bars
- Pumpkin Donuts with Buttermilk Glaze
- Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie
Buttermilk pie with walnut streusel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl till creamy.
- Add flour, salt, and eggs. Beat till smooth. Add buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla and blend well. (Mixture may appear curdled.)
- Pour filling into a 9" pie crust. I like to use a deep dish.
- Place the pie pan on a cookie sheet and place it in an oven that has been preheated to 350°. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Using a medium bowl and fingers, pinch together all streusel ingredients to create a crumble
- Remove pie from oven and top the walnut streusel on top
- Place back into the oven and continue to back for 20 minutes
- Allow cooling on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before serving
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.