This amazing Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie is absolutely the perfect Fall dessert and so easy to make. The cinnamon roll topping takes traditional apple pie to a whole new level!
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
This delicious Apple Pie is a mix of two flavors that complement each other so well. This pie recipe is such a fun twist on a traditional apple pie and has become a family favorite. Another yummy version of this combo is our 2-ingredient Apple Pie Cups that uses cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling.
If you are like me and absolutely love apple desserts, you will also love Caramel Apple Rice Krispie Treats and Baked Apple Pie Donuts. These are great when you want a delicious fall-inspired treat but want something different than pumpkin.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Apple- You want to have them chopped and peeled
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Flour- Be sure to use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Ground cinnamon– Cinnamon and apples are the perfect combination.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in your dessert.
- Butter- You will need unsalted to control the amount of salt in your pie.
- Pie crust- You can buy premade pie crust or make your own homemade crust.
- Cinnamon rolls- You can buy the package or make your own homemade rolls.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is the best for homemade frosting and icing.
- Milk- You will need to use whole or 2% milk for this recipe.
How to make Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt into a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a dish lined with a pie crust.
- Place cubes of butter on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, bring down the oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30-45 minutes or until the middle of the pie is set and the edges are a light brown.
- Let your pie sit for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your cinnamon rolls as directed on the package.
- After baking, let them cool for 5 minutes and arranges them on top of the baked pie.
How To Make Cinnamon Icing
- Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using a piping bag, drizzle your icing onto the pie.
- Slice and Serve!
Does Apple Pie Need To Be Refrigerated?
You can store apple pie at room temperature for 2 days and then refrigerate after that. Cover the pie with plastic wrap.
Won’t the Cinnamon Rolls be Soggy?
No, your cinnamon rolls will not become soggy when adding to your Apple Pie. They are placed on the finished pie and not added with the apple to make them soggy. The bottom will soak up the pie filling slightly but overall the rolls will not get soggy and still have the same texture as they would outside of the pie.
More Apple Desserts
- Applesauce Bread
- Apple Blondies with Maple Glaze
- Caramel Apple Pizza
- Apple Cider Donut Cake
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- 5 cups chopped Apples peeled
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter cubed
- 1 Premade Pie Crust
- 1 package Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1-3 Tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9in deep pie dish with baking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix together the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and mix together.
- Unroll the pie crust, and place into a 9in deep pie pan.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie shell.
- Place the cubed butter over the apple pie mixture.
- Place pie onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 450 degrees and then bring the oven temp down to 350 degrees, continue baking for 30-45 minutes or until the center is set and the edges are a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls according to the package directions.
- Once they are baked, allow to cool for 5 minutes. Place the rolls on top of the baked apple pie.
Cinnamon icing directions
- Using a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until combined and smooth.
- Pour into a piping bag.
- Cut the tip and drizzle the icing over the pie.
- Cut and serve!