Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
This amazing Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie is absolutely the perfect recipe to share with your friends and family. This recipe is gonna be an incredible addition to any night dessert or any occasion where you need a dessert to blow away the competition with the amazing apple pie flavor topped with delicious cinnamon rolls on top.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
This wonderful Apple Pie is a mix of two flavors that complement each other, so well because it is a mix of two of everyone’s favorite treats mashed into one delightful dessert. This apple pie is a twist on a traditional and once you try it, you might never go back.
If you are like me and absolutely love apple desserts, you will also love Caramel Apple Rice Krispie Treats and Baked Apple Pie Donuts. These are great when you want a delicious fall-inspired treat but want something different than pumpkin.
- Apple- You want to have them chopped and peeled
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Flour- Be sure to use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Ground cinnamon– Cinnamon and apples are the perfect combination.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in your dessert.
- Butter- You will need unsalted to control the amount of salt in your pie.
- Pie crust- You can buy premade pie crust or make your own homemade crust.
- Cinnamon rolls- You can buy the package or make your own homemade rolls.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is the best for homemade frosting and icing.
- Milk- You will need to use whole or 2% milk for this recipe.
How to make Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
You will need to set your oven to 450 degrees and evenly spray a 9 inch deep dish with Pam.
Add the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and bourbon into a medium bowl and mix until combined.
Take out the pie crust and unroll it. Then, place the crust into your prepared pan.
Next, pour your mixture into the crust.
Put butter over the mixture in your crust.
Put your prepared pie onto a cookie sheet.
For 15 minutes, bake in the oven at 450 degrees and after the 15 minutes is up, bring down the oven to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30-45 minutes. Bake until the time is up or until the middle of the pie is set and the edges are a light brown.
Take out of the oven and let your pie sit for 15 minutes.
Prepare your cinnamon rolls and use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet and arrange your rolls on it.
Follow as directed on your pan and bake the rolls for the recommended time.
When they are finished, let them sit for 5 minutes to cool before putting on top of the finished pie.
Make the Cinnamon Icing
Add all of your icing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined and smooth.
Add your mixture to a piping bag.
Use scissors to cut the tip of the bag and drizzle your icing onto the pie.
Slice and Serve!
What Can I Use Instead of Cinnamon in Apple Pie?
You can use a variety of spices in your Apple Pie. If you don’t have cinnamon you could add spices like cloves, nutmeg, or allspice. You can all add apple pie spice, which a combination of the spices that typically go with apple.
Won’t the Cinnamon Rolls be Soggy?
No, your cinnamon rolls will not become soggy when adding to your Apple Pie. They are placed on the finished pie and not added with the apple to make them soggy. The bottom will soak up the pie filling slightly but overall the rolls will not get soggy and still have the same texture as they would outside of the pie.
More Apple Desserts
- Applesauce Bread
- Apple Blondies with Maple Glaze
- Caramel Apple Pizza
- Apple Cider Donut Cake
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- 5 C Chopped Apple, peeled
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 premade pie crust
- 1 5.7 package of cinnamon rolls
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1-3 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9in deep pie dish with baking spray
- In medium bowl, mix together the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and bourbon and mix together
- Unroll the pie crust, and place into a 9in deep pie pan
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie shell
- Place the butter over the apple mixture
- Place pie onto a cookie sheet
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 450 and then bring the oven temp down to 350 degrees, continue baking for 30-45 minutes or until the center is set and the edges are a nice golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes
- Remove cinnamon rolls from can and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Following the directions on the pan, bake the cinnamon rolls as recommended
- Once they are baked, allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing them onto the top of the apple pie
Cinnamon icing directions
- Using a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until combined and smooth
- Pour into a piping bag
- Cut the tip and drizzle the icing over the pie
- Cut and serve!