This Butterscotch Bread Pudding is a easy and rich dessert made with biscuits, butterscotch pudding, butterscotch chips and topped with a delicious butterscotch sauce.
Biscuit Bread Pudding
This recipe is a game-changer and you won’t be disappointed. The flavor is so sticky and sweet and every bite is pure heaven. This dessert dish would be a beautiful addition to a buffet of food and sure to make a statement.
If you are a fan of bread pudding, also try our Cherry Bread Pudding, Caramel Apple Bread Pudding, Pecan Pie Bread Pudding and Blueberry Bread Pudding recipes.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Biscuits: I like to use leftover biscuits that are a few days old for this recipe.
Butterscotch: You will need a butterscotch-flavored pudding mix, butterscotch chips, and butterscotch sauce for the topping.
How To Make Butterscotch Bread Pudding
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use spray oil to grease an 8×8-inch baking dish. Separate the leftover biscuits and place them into the prepared dish. Add the butterscotch pudding, milk, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla into a large bowl and combine. Pour the mixture on top of the biscuits and allow it to soak in for about 10 minutes.
Step 2. Press the biscuits down gently to make sure they are soaking up. Sprinkle some butterscotch chips on top and place in the oven for 40 minutes to back. Serve and enjoy with the butterscotch sauce drizzled on top and vanilla ice cream.
Variations & Substitutions For Bread Pudding
Use some of the suggestions below to alter the recipe to your liking.
- Use any type of pudding mix you want! Vanilla would be a great option!
- Instead of chocolate chips, use white chocolate!
- Use milk as a replacement for half n half.
- Add nuts or raisins for more texture.
Tips & Tricks
- Place the leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- This recipe will last up to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat, you can place it in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
More Butterscotch Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies
- Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
- Caramel Apple Butterscotch Cocktail
- Butterscotch Brownies with Caramel Icing
Butterscotch Bread Pudding
- 8 biscuits cooked leftover, best if they are a few days old
- 1 28g packet butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups milk whole
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar soft
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Butterscotch sauce store-bought
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with spray oil. Break up the biscuits and put them into the baking dish
- In a large bowl mix together the butterscotch pudding, milk, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the biscuits and let it sit for ten minutes so it can soak in. Gently press down the biscuits to make sure they are soaking up the mixture.
- Sprinkling the butterscotch chips on top and place it into the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Serve with butterscotch sauce poured on top.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.