When everyone is asking, “what’s for dinner?” whip up these Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells. Delicious chicken filling stuffed into pasta shells and then covered in a creamy, cheesy sauce–all the flavor is here!
Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells
Sometimes figuring out what to make for dinner seems like such a big challenge. That is why you need recipes like Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells! They’re really simple to make and a very satisfying meal for any night of the week.
While you’re here, be sure to check out these deliciously easy dinner recipes: Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi | Garlic Butter Mushroom Stuffed Chicken | Grilled Sausage Foil Packets | Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Jumbo pasta shells
- Cooked chicken – you can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or just cook some up in the slow cooker or Instant Pot to shred and use in this recipe.
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Fresh parsley
- Condensed cream of chicken soup
- Evaporated milk
- Garlic and herb cream cheese – this is usually sold in a tub. Find it in the refrigerated section in the grocery store with the regular cream cheese.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells
Start by boiling the shells according to the package directions. Just cook them until they’re al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water. This stops the cooking process, prevents sticking, and cools them down quickly so you can fill the shells without burning your hands.
In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded cooked chicken, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Stuff the cooked shells with the chicken mixture and place them in a single later in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
In a medium saucepan, heat the condensed cream of chicken soup and evaporated milk over medium heat, just until hot. Add the garlic and herb cream cheese and allow it to melt into the sauce. Turn off the heat and add 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir well until the sauce is smooth, then pour it over the stuffed shells.
Top the shells with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, then bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes, or until the shells and sauce are hot and you see bubbles around the edges.
No Ricotta – If you don’t like ricotta cheese, you can use a small curd cottage cheese instead.
Different soup – Feel free to make the sauce using cream of celery or cream of mushroom instead of the cream of chicken if you would like.
Cream cheese – If you can’t find the garlic and herb cream cheese or would just prefer not to use it, you can use regular cream cheese instead. The sauce will have a little less flavor, but it’s still delicious.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the leftover stuffed shells in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to three days.
To reheat, simply scoop individual portions onto microwave safe plates and reheat on high heat in the microwave.
What to Serve with Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells
Here are some of our favorite foods to pair with the stuffed shells:
- Garlic bread
- Fresh Italian bread with butter
- Tossed salad
- Caesar salad
- Green beans
More Recipes You Will Enjoy
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Easy Funeral Potatoes Recipe
- 4-Ingredient Almond Joy Cookies
- Creamy Bow Tie Pasta Salad
Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 1 pound jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 ounces garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil the pasta shells according to the package directions, just until al dente. Drain the water then rinse the shells in cold water to cool them down and prevent sticking.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Stuff this filling into the cooked pasta shells and place them in a single layer in a glass 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large sauce pot, heat the cream of chicken soup and the evaporated milk over medium heat until hot. Add the garlic and herb cream cheese and stir until melted and incorporated into the sauce. Remove the pan from the heat and add 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese; stir well.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the stuffed shells in the baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes until hot and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.