This Fritos Taco Salad is a perfect family meal! Fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion combined with seasoned ground beef, cheese, and Fritos corn chips, then tossed with dressing and salsa for a delicious and super easy to make taco salad.
Fritos Taco Salad
We really really love a good homemade taco salad! Doritos Taco Salad has always been a family favorite, so this Fritos Taco Salad was right up our alley. Salad with taco toppings and crunchy Fritos, this is a great easy dinner or side dish.
Don’t miss these other delicious salad recipes! Chicken Salad with Grapes | Shaved Brussel Sprouts Recipe | BLT Salad Recipe | Marinated Vegetable Salad | Detox Salad
Here’s what you’ll need to make Fritos Taco Salad (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Lean ground beef – we used 90/10 ground beef, but any that you like will work well.
- Taco seasoning – one package of taco seasoning, or use your own homemade taco seasoning.
- Iceberg lettuce – shred or chop a head lettuce, or buy it pre-shredded.
- Tomatoes – use any fresh tomatoes you enjoy.
- Cheddar cheese – shred the cheese yourself, or buy it pre-shredded.
- Fritos corn chips – the Fritos add the delicious crunch!
- Salsa – use any salsa you like.
- Catalina dressing – we used Kraft Catalina dressing.
- Addition toppings as desired: green onions, chopped onions, jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
How to Make Fritos Taco Salad
Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until browned. Drain off excess fat. Add the taco seasoning and water. Stir well then simmer for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, top with the meat, tomatoes, cheese, Frito corn chips, salsa, and desired toppings. Add dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.
Ground Turkey – Ground turkey is a great replacement for ground beef.
Salad Dressing – If you don’t enjoy Catalina dressing, try something like ranch or a chipotle ranch dressing.
Lettuce – Instead of iceberg, you can use a different lettuce, such as romaine.
How to Store Leftovers
The Fritos in the salad get very soggy and mushy if this salad is stored to eat later. It’s best to eat the salad when fresh, but if you want to keep leftovers, store them in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
More Recipes You Will Love
Fritos Taco Salad
- 1- pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce shredded or chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups Frito corn chips
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup Catalina dressing
- Addition toppings as desired: green onions chopped onions, jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until browned. Drain off excess fat. Add the taco seasoning and water. Stir well then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, top with the meat, tomatoes, cheese, Frito corn chips, salsa, and desired toppings. Add dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.