Chocolate Peanut Butter Shots are layers of jello topped with a smooth and creamy peanut butter frosting and chocolate drizzle.
Reese’s Jello Shots
These jello shots are so good and simple to make. You may not normally think of this kind of jello shot, but the flavor is incredible and sure to be a hit for all you try it. Serve these amazing shots at BBQs, Picnic, Party, or any other occasion where you need a delicious treat.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Gelatin: You will need unflavored gelatin so that the Vodka and Torani Vanilla Syrup’s flavor will be absorbed.
Peanut Butter: You will need this for the jello as well as the peanut butter frosting which will be a combination of butter, powdered sugar, and peanut butter.
Chocolate Fudge Syrup: I like to use Hershey’s brand for the best quality. This will be used in the jello and for the ganache.
Supplies You’ll Need
Shot Glasses: Mini-plastic shot glasses or sauce containers will work best for this recipe.
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Shots
Step 1. In a large measuring cup with a spout, add the water and gelatin and allow it to sit for 15 minutes to dissolve or ‘bloom’. Put in the vodka and vanilla syrup and separate the mixture into 2 bowls evenly. Put peanut butter in one bowl and the fudge syrup in the other and combine until fully incorporated.
Step 2. Pour the chocolate gelatin into the plastic shot glass about 1/4 of the way full and set in the fridge to chill for 1 hour. Take the shots out and add the second or peanut butter layer about 3/4 of the way and set in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Take out again and add the final layer of chocolate gelatin to the rim and place in the fridge for an additional 1 hour.
Peanut Butter Frosting
Step 3. Add the butter and peanut butter into a mixing bowl and combine until smooth. Put in the powdered sugar and combine once again until smooth. Pout into a piping bag with a star tip and being piping a dollop of frosting on top of each jello shot. Drizzle with some fudge syrup.
Step 4. Place the shots into the fridge to chill until you are ready to serve and enjoy!
What Gives Chocolate Peanut Butter Shots Their Flavor?
This recipe uses real peanut butter and Hershey’s chocolate fudge syrup to give that signature flavor. Along with that, the frosting on top is a peanut butter frosting and served with a chocolate ganache.
How Long Do Chocolate Peanut Butter Shots Last?
The shots can last between 7-10 days in the fridge. You will want to place the shots into an airtight container or use sauce containers with lids.
More Shot Recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Shots
- 1 cup Vodka
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Torani Vanilla Syrup
- 3 Envelopes Gelatin Unflavored
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Chocolate Fudge Syrup
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Syrup to drizzle on top
- Pour the water into a large measuring cup with a spout. Sprinkle the Gelatin over the water, and let the gelatin bloom for 15 minutes, until completely dissolved.
- Add the Vodka, and Vanilla Syrup, and stir well. Divide the Gelatin mixture evenly into 2 bowls, and add the Peanut Butter into one of the bowls, and the Chocolate Fudge Syrup into the other bowl, and stir well to blend completely.
- Add the Chocolate Gelatin to the bottom of the Shot Glasses, and fill the glass about 1/4 of the way. Place in the refrigerator to cool for one hour.
- Remove the shot glasses from the refrigerator, and add the Peanut Butter Gelatin, filling the shot glasses about 3/4 of the way, and place the shot glasses back in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and add the top layer of Chocolate Gelatin, filling the glasses. Place the glasses back in the refrigerator for another hour to set the Gelatin.
While the Jello shots are cooling, make the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter, Peanut Butter, and blend until smooth. Add the Powdered Sugar, and mix until smooth.
- Place in a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe the frosting onto the tops of the Jello Shots making a large star (see photo) and drizzle the Chocolate Syrup over the Frosting.
- Place in the refrigerator until time to serve. Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.