Cinnamon Roll Cake is a delectable dessert that combines the flavors of a classic cinnamon roll with the moist, buttery taste of a cake. It’s a incredibly moist cake that’s hard to resist, with layers of cinnamon sugar and a delicious glaze on top.
The Best Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
Cinnamon roll cake is a delicious and versatile treat that’s perfect for any occasion. The delicious cinnamon flavor is something that everyone loves. You can enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, or as a tasty snack throughout the day.
When it comes to desserts, this cinnamon cake is truly special. It has a soft and moist cake base with a generous amount of cinnamon sugar filling, creating a heavenly combination of flavors and textures. The hint of vanilla and the buttery glaze on top makes it even more decadent.
What’s great about this cake is that it’s easy to make. You don’t need to spend time rolling and shaping dough – just pour the batter, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar, and let the oven do its work.
What You’ll Need
- Cake: This is a basic cake recipe, needing all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and salted butter.
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture: The cinnamon filling is made using salted butter, brown sugar, flour, and ground cinnamon.
- Glaze: The glaze is a basic powdered sugar glaze featuring powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Cake
This cake just takes about 10 minutes to whip up!
Make the Cake Batter: In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix together well using an electric mixer. Slowly add in the melted butter. Spread in the prepared baking pan.
Adding the Cinnamon Rolls: In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Drop the mixture into the cake batter by the spoonful. Drag the butter knife through and make the cinnamon swirl around the cake. Bake for 40 minutes.
Make the Glaze: Whisk the glaze ingredients together. Pour over the warm cake. Slice, serve, and enjoy.
Can I Use a Different Flavor of Glaze?
Of course! Feel free to experiment with different types of glazes to suit your taste preferences. Some options could include cream cheese glaze, maple glaze, or even a chocolate drizzle.
How To Store Cinnamon Roll Cake:
Store any leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. If storing in the refrigerator, allow the cake to come to room temperature before serving.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cinnamon roll cake for up to 3 months. Just thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
Tips and Tricks:
- To make sure the glaze is thick enough, start by adding 2 tablespoons of milk and gradually add more as needed until the desired consistency is reached.
- For an extra special touch, top the warm cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream before serving.
- Want to add even more cinnamon flavor? Sprinkle some additional cinnamon on top of the glaze before serving.
- Use a serrated knife to easily cut this cake into slices without squishing the layers.
More Cake Recipes
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Snickers Cake Recipe
- Granny Cake Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe (3-ingredients)
Cinnamon Roll Cake
For the cake
For the cinnamon filling
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of flour, 1 cup sugar, 4 tsp baking powder, 2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 1/2 cup milk and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Turn the mixer on to low and slowly add in the 1/2 cup of butter (melted) mix until combined. Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- in a medium/small bowl, combine 3/4 cup butter (softened), 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour and 1 tbsp cinnamon. Stir until well mixed.
- Drop the cinnamon mixture by spoonfuls into the batter. Take a butter knife and make swirls all around the cake. Dragging the knife through the cake batter and the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Or until you put a knife in the middle and it comes out clean.
- for the glaze, whisk together in a small bowl 2 cups powdered sugar, 5 tbsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract. See the tips and tricks if it’s not really thick.
- Pour the glaze over the warm cake. Slice and serve. Enjoy!