If you want to enjoy a restaurant-style dessert that is worthy to show off to friends and family, then this recipe is for you! This amazing Crème Brulee Cheesecake will just blow the competition away! This recipe will have your household begging for seconds.
Crème Brulee Cheesecake
This Crème Brulee Cheesecake is absolutely delicious! You would not believe how simple it is to prepare and you don’t need too many ingredients, you may already have them in your kitchen. This cheesecake is soft, moist, topped with torched brown sugar. This recipe should definitely be saved!
Cheesecake is one of the great desserts in life. You can change up the topping, the crust, and it’s perfect for any occasion. If you love cheesecake as I do, here are a few other recipes that I think you will love! My Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars are easy to make and so good! If you love cookies and you love cheesecake, then this Oreo Cookie recipe is for you! And of course, if you have an instant pot, then you must have a recipe for cheesecake to make in there!
- Vanilla wafers- These will need to be crushed for the base.
- Brown sugar- This will add richness to your cheesecake.
- Butter- Be sure to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream cheese- This will need to be softened or at room temperature.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Vanilla extract– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Salt– The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Heavy cream– This will help with the consistency of the batter.
- Egg yolks– Be sure to have these at room temperature.
- Raspberries- These will be used to garnish.
How to Make a Crème Brulee Cheesecake
Add the crumbs, brown sugar, and butter into a bowl and use a fork to combine into a wet sand-like mixture.
Use parchment paper, and cut out a circle to fit the bottom of the 8-inch springform pan. Spray the paper and edges of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Use your fingers to press the crust into the pan and 3/4-inch up the sides.
Put the crust into the freezer and begin to prepare the filling.
Add the cream cheese into a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
Pour in the sugar, salt, and vanilla and beat again until fully incorporated and creamy. Place it aside.
Place on a stovetop to heat the cream or place in the microwave to warm it.
Use a large bowl, add the egg yolks, and beat into the cream cheese. Do this until fully combined. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and watch out for lumps in the mixture. The batter should be a thinner consistency.
Add into the prepared pan.
Place foil over top and seal.
Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the IP, put the cheesecake onto the trivet, and put the trivet back into the IP. Close the lid, and set to high pressure, and cook for 50 minutes. Let the cheesecake sit in the pot for about 10 minutes before releasing pressure, then take it out.
The cheesecake will be a little jiggly in the middle. If it is too jiggly, place back into the pot and cook for another 5-minutes.
Put onto a wire rack and let it cool before taking off the pan ring.
Add sugar on top of the cheesecake, about 3 tbsp, and use a baker’s torch to brown. You can also put it into a broiler to brown the sugar, but be sure to use it with caution to not burn the cheesecake.
Dip a knife in some hot water to perfectly slice the cheesecake.
What is Crème Brulee?
Crème Brulee is a simple and delicious dessert you may have had at a restaurant or can make homemade. However, Crème Brulee is really just a custard topped with browned sugar.
Does This Cheesecake Have Sour Cream?
This Crème Brulee Cheesecake does not use sour cream in the recipe. Sour cream does work well in keeping moisture and cutting the richness in the dessert. But, it is not needed for this recipe.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Bites
- No-Bake Christmas Cheesecake
- Ghirardelli Peppermint Cheesecake
- Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
Creme Brulee Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 c crushed vanilla wafers
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 1¼ c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ c heavy cream
- 8 lg egg yolks
- 3 tbsp super fine sugar
- raspberries to garnish
- Using a fork, combine cookie crumbs, brown sugar and butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Cut a circle out of parchment paper to fit into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Place paper into pan and lightly spray paper and sides with a non-stick baking spray.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom and about ¾-inch up the sides of the pan.
- Place crust in freezer while preparing filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla extract and beat until thoroughly combined and mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat cream on stovetop or in microwave just until warm.
- Place egg yolks into a large bowl and beating constantly, slowly add the warm cream. It is important to add slowly and constantly beat to prevent curdling.
- Now, slowly add the cream/egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture, beating constantly, just until thoroughly incorporated. Scrape sides of bowl often and be sure all lumps are out of the mixture. Mixture will be on the thinner side.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. Cover with foil and seal edges.
- Add 1½ cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot, place cheesecake on trivet and lower into the Instant Pot. Seal pot and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes. Allow to sit in pot for 10 minutes, then release pressure and remove from the Instant Pot. Cheesecake should jiggle slightly in the center. If it jiggles too much, return to pot and cook for an additional 5-min.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool in pan before removing pan ring.
- Sprinkle with the 3 tbsp. of sugar and brown with a baker's torch. Cheesecake can also be browned under the broiler but you will need to be careful not to burn.
- Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired.
- Slice with a knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry.