This Valentine Brownies Recipe is so tasty and perfect for a Valentine’s Day gift. Chocolate, plus more decadent chocolate topped with sprinkles! I mean what could be better than a plate of Chocolate Brownies! If you are looking for a sweet gift idea for that special person in your life, these sweet treats will definitely hit the spot!
Valentine Brownies Recipe
These Brownies are so amazing! They are so soft and chewy in texture. Their blend of chocolate ingredients and ganache gives a wonderful flavor. The recipe is super simple and easy to follow along with and will only take 30 minutes to prepare, just enough time to make them with love.
I don’t know about you but I absolutely adore homemade gifts; especially when it’s food! I think baking someone a special treat is a great way to show them how much you care for them. If you love baking as I do, here are a few yummy recipes that I think you will enjoy. Some of our favorites are my Valentine’s Day Cake, my Valentines Day Cheesecake, and of course, Sugar Cookies are a must!
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Canola oil- You can vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This sugar will add a slight richness and moisture to your brownies.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Cocoa powder– This will give the brownies the chocolatey flavoring.
- Salt- Brings out the flavors in your recipe.
- Baking powder– This will allow your ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Chocolate chips- You will need semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will help with the consistency of your ganache.
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles- These will be sprinkled on top of your brownies.
How to Make Valentine Brownies Recipe
Set your oven to 350 degrees. Use Pam to grease a 9×13 baking dish.
Add the butter into a medium bowl and melt.
Add the oil and sugars to the melted butter in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Next add in the eggs and a tsp of vanilla and whisk to combine.
Add the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder into another large bowl and whisk to combine.
Slowly combine both the mixtures and whisk to combine.
Add in the chocolate chips and use a spatula to fold to combine.
Add the batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester placed in the middle comes out clean.
While you let the brownies cool thoroughly, begin to make the ganache.
Add the heavy cream into a small pot and bring to a boil.
Add the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and then add the heated cream onto top of the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute to melt.
Whisk to combine.
Add the ganache on top of the fully cooled brownies and add some sprinkles on top.
Let the topping set and serve with a glass of milk.
CAN I USE OTHER MIX-INS FOR THESE VALENTINE BROWNIES?
Absolutely! You can add in chocolate chips, your favorite nuts, even funfetti sprinkles! It’s totally up to you and no limit to what you can add to them.
HOW CAN YOU TELL IF BROWNIES ARE DONE?
There are two different ways to tell. If you are making cake-like brownies like these are, once they start to pull away from the side of the pan or if a cake tester comes out clean from the middle, they are done.
HOW LONG DO BROWNIES STAY FRESH?
If you store them in an air tight container, they will stay fresh for two to three days.
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES
- French Silk Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- Milky Way Brownies
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Pecan Pie Brownies
Chocolate Ganache ingredients
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ C Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, place the butter into the microwave and melt according to the directions on your microwave.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil, and sugars
- Whisk in the eggs and 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Using a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour batter into the baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling completely
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy cream to a boil
- Pour over the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and let sit for 1 minute
- Whisk until smooth
- Spread evenly onto the brownies
- Sprinkle Valentine's Day Sprinkles on top of the ganache
- Allow the ganache to set before cutting into bars and enjoying with a large glass of milk
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.