Funnel Cake Bites are a mini version of your favorite fair food. Small bites of fried dough covered in powdered sugar is a warm and delicious dessert.
I don’t think I can ever make these without thinking of Summer. They just scream carnival rides, flip flops and warm nights with friends. Are funnel cakes super nostalgic for you, too?
Funnel Cake Bites
I can very clearly remember how excited I would get when I saw the funnel cake truck at the summer carnival. It was by far my favorite part! The thought never would have crossed my mind that I could make this treat at home. I’m excited to share with you how to do it yourself!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Flour – All-purpose flour.
- Baking Powder – add to the flour.
- Salt – just a tiny bit.
- Nutmeg and Cinnamon- for flavor.
- Milk – whichever milk you’ve got on hand.
- Vanilla – real vanilla extract.
- Granulated Sugar – for baking.
- Powdered Sugar – to coat the cake in.
- Vegetable Oil – for frying.
How To Make Funnel Cake
- Beat the eggs until they are nice and foamy. Then pour in the milk and stir.
- Add in the dry ingredients and stir until you get a dough.
- Heat oil in the pan and drop spoon fulls of batter into the oil.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown then dry on a paper towel and toss in powdered sugar.
Because they are fried, these are best served fresh and eaten right away. If you leave them out they get soggy and lose the crunch that makes them so good. Feel free to use as much powdered sugar as you want. It’s what makes the cake bites so delicious!
These are super tasty as is, but you can also dip them in chocolate or caramel sauce, too!
More Desserts To Try Next
Funnel Cake Bites
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Add milk and vanilla
- Mix in flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt until smooth.
- Pour the oil into a pot 3/4 inch deep to about 375 degrees
- Add the batter into hot oil by spoonfuls. I like to use a cookie scoop to help scoop them in.
- Fry until golden brown, flip and repeat.
- Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or dip in your favorite toppings.