Need a delicious and hearty soup for dinner? This amazing Hamburger Soup is simple and flavorful. This recipe is great for chilly nights when you need a recipe to warm your tummy.
Crock Pot Hamburger Soup
This Hamburger Soup is so delicious and simple to make. This recipe combines a ton of flavors from seasonings to veggies to broth. Hamburger soup is even better when served with crackers, crusty bread, corn muffins, and more. If you love hamburgers, then you can make this Homemade Hamburger Helper or this amazing Slow Cooker Cheesy Hamburger Dip.
- Ground Sirloin- Use this or another meat substitute of your choice.
- Onion– Use a large yellow onion and chop to prepare.
- Potatoes– Peel and dice a large white potato.
- Carrots– Peel and slice a large carrot.
- Garlic– Use fresh minced garlic for the best aroma.
- Broth– Use chicken broth for the base of the soup.
- Water– This will be added to the soup for a thinner consistency.
- Tomato Paste– I used a can of Basil, Garlic, and Oregano paste.
- Onion Soup Mix– Use Lipton onion mix to add flavoring.
- Italian Seasoning– Use this to add an additional flavor.
- Garlic Salt– This will be used for additional flavor.
- Seasoned Salt & Pepper– Use this to bring out the flavors and for taste.
- Brown Sugar– Use this to add richness to the soup.
- Frozen Peas– Put the peas in the soup at the end to maintain the color.
How to Make Hamburger Soup
To start, add the ground sirloin into a large heavy bottom skillet and cook until no pink is visible.
First, add the garlic salt, and season pepper on top of the sirloin and combine, then place into the crockpot.
Secondly, prepare the onion and place it into the crockpot.
Thirdly, peel and prepare the potatoes (dice) and carrots (sliced) and add to the crockpot.
Next, pour in the chicken broth and minced garlic and combine.
In addition, put the tomato paste, soup mix, and Italian seasoning into the crockpot.
Afterward, pour in water to cover the ingredeints. (at least 3-inches over the ingredients)
Furthermore, add in the garlic salt, seasoned salt, and seasoned pepper and combine to taste.
Lastly, add in the brown sugar and combine.
Cooking the soup:
First, place the lid onto the crockpot and place on high for 6 hours, and stir every now and then.
Secondly, add the frozen peas about 45 minutes before serving. (this will help maintain the color of the peas)
Thirdly, if you are not ready to serve the recipe at 6 hours, switch the crock pot temperature to low and add more water if needed.
Lastly, add the soup into bowls with a side of your favorite crackers or bread.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can I use other meat in Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup?
Yes, you can use other meat instead of ground sirloin for this recipe. You can use a ton of different substitutes for this recipe and everyone is sure to turn out amazing. Use meat substitutes like chicken, turkey, pork, or even plant-based meat.
Can this be made on the stove-top?
Yes, this soup can be made on a stove-top. You will want to use a large deep skillet or large saucepot. You want a deep enough dish to use for all of the ingredients and liquid.
More Hamburger Recipes:
- Big Mac Cheeseburger Cups
- Bacon-Wrapped Avocado Burger Bombs
- Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
- Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 pound of Ground Sirloin – cooked and crumbled
- 1 large yellow onion – chopped
- 4 large white potatoes – peeled and diced
- 4 large carrots – peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
- 4 cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 small can of Tomato Paste – 6 to 8 ounces I used the can with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt – to taste
- Seasoned Salt – to taste
- Seasoned Pepper – to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 package of Frozen Peas – see instructions for adding
- In a large heavy bottom skillet, brown the Ground Sirloin until it’s done, and no pink is visible.
- Sprinkle the Sirloin with Garlic Salt, and Seasoned Pepper, stir well, and add to the Crock-Pot.
- Chop the onion, and add to the Crock-Pot.
- Peel the Potatoes and Carrots. Dice the potatoes, and slice the carrots, and add to the Crock-Pot.
- Add the Minced Garlic, and Chicken Broth, and Stir well.
- Add the can of Tomato Paste, Soup Mix, and Italian Seasoning, and add water to cover about 3 inches over the ingredients.
- Stir well to blend together, and add Garlic Salt, Seasoned Salt, and Seasoned Pepper to taste.
- Add Brown Sugar, and stir.
- Place the lid on the Crock-Pot, and leave on high setting for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- About 45 minutes before you’re ready to serve the soup, add the frozen Peas, and stir well.
- Adding the Peas at the very end of cooking will help them to maintain their green color.
- If you are not ready to serve the Soup at the 6-hour mark, turn the Crock-Pot on low, and add more water if needed.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or bread. Enjoy!