Looking for a way to show someone you love them? Try giving them a Heart Jam Cookie! These crispy shortbread cookies are filled with delicious jam, and they’re sure to put a smile on your loved one’s face. Whether you’re looking for a romantic gift or just a sweet treat, Heart Jam Cookies are the perfect choice.
Heart Cookies filled with Jam are Perfect for Valentine’s Day
Do you love shortbread cookies? I know I do. And, I also love when they are filled with jam. That just takes them to a whole new level of deliciousness. They are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion. These cookies are like Jammy Dodger Cookies, except made into heart shapes.
Key Ingredients You Need
Butter- Use unsalted butter so that you can control the amount of salt in the recipe. If you use salted butter, skip adding the additional salt.
Sugar- You will be using granulated white sugar in the cookie recipe and then you want powdered sugar to dust over top of the cookies .While the dusting is option, it makes the cookie look stunning and adds another layer of sweetness.
Almond extract – Use pure almond extract for the best flavor. If you can’t use almond or don’t have it on hand, you can use vanilla extract. Salt – If you use salted butter, you will want to skip adding the salt.
Raspberry preserves – I am using raspberry preserves but you can use strawberry jam instead. While you can use any flavor of jam, I like the red color in the heart. Want to make homemade jam? You can make Instant Pot Cherry Jam, Instant Pot Apple Jelly, or Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
How to Make Heart Jam Cookies
Step 1. Beat together the wet ingredients until fluffy.
Step 2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Step 3. Slowly add in the dry ingredients beating well. Step 4. Take the cookie dough out of the bowl, and place it on a floured cutting board. Then roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Step 5. Cut out 12 hearts using the larger cutter and then cut out the center of 6 of the cookies with a smaller cutter. Step 6. Bake the cookies until they are golden brown. Step 7. Let the cookies cool and then add jam to the larger hearts. Add the cookies on top and dust with powdered sugar.
How to Store Heart Jam Cookies
If you have baked the cookies and have not added the jam, you can store the cookies at room temperature. If you have added the jam to the cookies, you will want to keep them in the refrigerator. Either way, keep the cookies in an airtight container with parchment paper between the layers.
More Cookies With Jam
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Christmas Thumbprint Cookies
- Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Apricot Walnut Thumbprint Cookies
Heart Jam Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, or a large bowl with hand mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and almond extract until creamy and fluffy
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined and dough like
- Remove cookie dough and place onto a lightly flour dusted cutting board Place dough onto cutting board and dust with more flour
- Roll the dough to about 1/4in thick
- Cut out 12 large hearts and place them onto the cookie sheet
- Using the mini heart, cut out 6 hearts in the center of the heart
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until a light golden brown Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before moving off tray Place the cookies with the heart in the middle onto a wire rack
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Spread about 1 tbsp of raspberry preserves onto the whole heart cookie
- Carefully place the freshly dusted heart onto the top of the raspberry jam Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 4in Heart cookie cutter
- 1in mini heart cookie cutter