These hot chocolate cookies with bits of marshmallows mini chocolate chips are literally made with hot cocoa. These are the best winter cookie recipe ever!
I love baking cookies and finding new recipes to try. The smell that fills your house when cookie dough cooks in the oven is my favorite thing. Once you make these you’ve got to try our other Hot Cocoa Cookies recipe and our Peanut Butter Muddy Buddy Cookies.
We have hundreds of cookie recipes right here!
Hot Chocolate Cookies
My kids and I just made hot cocoa the other day when we had a big snow storm. We may have a new cold weather tradition: hot chocolate cookies!
Everyone loves chocolate chips and marshmallows, right? Putting those ingredients with sweet cream butter, vanilla and cocoa mix is bound to make for a delicious treat.
Making Hot Chocolate Cookies
You can add to these hot chocolate cookies a number of other fun ingredients. We love to put in peanut butter chips, caramel chips, coconut flakes, nuts or sprinkles.
Don’t forget to make sure you’ve softened your butter before making these (or any chocolate chips cookies). A heated glass over top of your butter is the best way to get it soft and ready for cookie baking.
When they’re all ready, serve them next to a glass of warm hot cocoa!
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3/4 C light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 3 C flour
- ¾ C dry hot cocoa mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups mini marshmallow bits
- 1 C mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla and until combined
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, hot cocoa mix, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and beat until combined
- Stir in the marshmallow bits and mini chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out dough onto your hands and roll into a ball
- Flatten the dough into round discs.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before enjoying with a nice cup of hot chocolate!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
2 comments on “Hot Chocolate Cookies”
These look delicious! Thank you for sharing!
Going to make & send these to my grandkids for Valentines Day!