Instant Pot Orange Cake Recipe
This Instant Pot Orange Cake is absolute perfection. With a rich orange flavor and a homemade orange glaze, this cake is perfect for spring get-togethers or whenever you want a light cake flavor. The burst of orange in this cake makes is something special.
Instant Pot Orange Cake
I love cake. it might be one of our favorite desserts. Making a simple Instant Pot cake gives the dessert such a delicate texture. This Instant Pot Orange Cake is so delicious, you might find yourself craving it all the time.
- Orange cake mix box- Using a box mix saves time and gives the cake a great flavor.
- Water- You will need water for the cake batter and for the Instant Pot
- Eggs- These eggs can be cold or room temperature
- Canola oil- You can also use vegetable oil in place of canola oil
- Powdered sugar- This is the sugar for the homemade glaze.
- Milk- The milk will thin the glaze to the right consistency.
- Orange Zest- The orange zest gives the glaze a light orange flavor.
How to Make an Orange Cake Recipe
Make the cake mix according to the box and then add the batter into the prepared cake pan. Cover the cake pan with a paper towel and then foil.
Add water to the Instant Pot and then place the pan into the Instant Pot.
Press the “Cake” button and set the mode to “Less”. Then change cook time to minutes.
Allow Natural Pressure Release.
Start the glaze whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until you reach the right consistency and add the orange zest.
Pour glaze over top the cake, set aside until glaze hardens.
Does This Cake Use Real Orange Juice?
No, when making this cake you are using a cake mix. However, if you want to make the cake from scratch, you can use your favorite white cake recipe and replace the water in the recipe with orange juice.
What Type of Icing Goes with Orange Cake?
I love making a homemade orange glaze to go on this cake. If you prefer to use a thicker frosting, you can make buttercream with orange extract instead.
More Instant Pot Cakes
- Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cake
- Bourbon Cake
- Angel Food Cake with Toffee (3-ingredients)
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Instant Pot Orange Cake
- 1 orange cake mix box
- 1 C water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 C canola oil
- 1 C water for instant pot
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 3-4 TBSP milk
- Zest of an orange
- Grease all sides of the cake pan.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup oil and 3 whole eggs in a bowl.
- Pour the batter in the greased cake pan.
- Gently cover the cake pan with a paper towel.
- Using a piece of aluminum foil, cover the paper towel and gently secure the paper towel around the rim of the pan.
- Place the cake pan on the trivet and carefully place the trivet inside the Instant Pot.
- Press the “Cake” button and set the mode to “Less”. Adjust the cook time to 50 minutes.
- Allow Natural Pressure Release.
- Start the glaze whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Zest an orange and mix again.
- Pour glaze over top the cake, set aside until glaze hardens.
- Cut and enjoy!