Jalapeño Popper Quiche
Jalapeño Popper Quiche is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Cream cheese, jalapeños, cheese, and savory egg custard layered in a flaky pie crust – this is an explosion of flavor in one delicious dish!
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
We love quiche for an easy, one-dish meal, so this great mashup between quiche and jalapeño poppers was a hit! You can make the Jalapeño Popper Quiche very mild by not using the seeds and white rib inside of the peppers, or make it hot by using the whole pepper and even adding some cayenne pepper to the mix.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Jalapeño Popper Quiche (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Frozen pie crust – you can use the pre-made pie crust that is in its own pan, all ready to be baked. I decided to use a refrigerated pie crust instead because I had several on hand. This works perfectly too! Just unroll the crust and place it in a 9-inch pie plate and flute the edges of the crust.
- Cream cheese
- Jalapeños – be sure to use fresh peppers from the produce department and not jalapeños from a jar.
- Whipping cream
- Half and half or whole milk
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Quiche
Start by baking the pie crust at 400ºF for 10 minutes. I scored the crust by poking it with a fork before baking.
Next, spread the cream cheese into the hot pie crust. I found this to be easiest to do by cutting the cream cheese into slices and placing them all over the bottom of the hot pie crust so they could melt.
Once the cream cheese was soft, I used the back of a spoon to spread the slices all together.
Next, dice two of the jalapeño peppers and sprinkle over the cream cheese (seeds removed if you prefer a very mild heat).
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, half and half or whole milk, paprika, and salt. Gently stir in the crumbled cooked bacon. Pour this mixture very carefully into the pie crust over the cream cheese and peppers.
Bake the quiche at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Remove the Jalapeño Popper Quiche from the oven and place round slices of jalapeño on top, then sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake the quiche again for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the savory egg custard is set.
Cool the quiche for about 10 minutes before serving.
Here are some ideas for what to serve with your quiche:
- Salad – serve the quiche with a side salad.
- Sour cream – a dollop of cool, creamy sour cream goes so nicely with this quiche!
- Pickled jalapeños – Chop pickled jalapeños and serve them along with the quiche.
- Roasted vegetables – a healthy serving of oven roasted vegetables is a delicious side to serve with this quiche.
- Fruit salad – a fresh fruit salad or fruit cup is a great side for quiche.
Make it Spicy! Add extra heat by using all of the seeds in the peppers and adding cayenne pepper to the savory egg custard.
Make it Smoky! Use smoked paprika instead of regular paprika for a wonderful hint of smoky flavor.
More Peppers! For more color and pepper flavor, add chopped red bell peppers along with the diced jalapeños.
More Cheese! For even more cheesy goodness, sprinkle 6 ounces of cubed cheddar or pepper jack cheese over the cream cheese and peppers before adding the savory egg custard.
How to Store the Leftovers
Keep the leftover Jalapeño Popper Quiche in an airtight container, or in the pie plate covered well with plastic wrap. Keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
The leftover quiche can be served cold, or individual slices can be heated in the microwave on a microwave safe plate in 20-30 second intervals until warm.
More Recipes You Will Love
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 fresh jalapeños
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipped cream
- 1/2 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon cooked until crisp and then crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Thaw the frozen pie crust, then use a fork to prick several holes in the bottom of the crust. Bake the pie crust at 400F for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350F.
- While the crust is hot from the oven, spread the cream cheese into the pie crust.
- Dice two of the jalapeños (if desired, remove the seeds to reduce the heat) and sprinkle over the cream cheese in the pie crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, half and half, paprika, and salt. Stir in the crumbled cooked bacon. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake the quiche at 350F for 30 minutes. Cut the remaining jalapeño into rings and place the rings on top of the quiche. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over top of the quiche, then bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the quiche is set.
- Cool the quiche in the pan for 10 minutes, then serve warm with sour cream and extra chopped jalapeños for garnish.